European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Greetings from the US Midwest! I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Greetings from the US Midwest! I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Greetings from the US Midwest! I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Greetings from the US Midwest! I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
Greetings from the US Midwest! I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
Greetings from the US Midwest! I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
Greetings from the US Midwest! I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

» Greetings from Australia!
Greetings from the US Midwest! I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:28 by Aushtin

» Greeting from Tashkent
Greetings from the US Midwest! I_icon_minitime16/3/2024, 15:53 by why_not_simracer

Greetings from the US Midwest!

+3
angeleinma
GT Fan 8899
GregSS
7 posters

Go down

Greetings from the US Midwest! Empty Greetings from the US Midwest!

Post  GregSS 18/11/2016, 22:07

My name is Greg Spahn and I am a 53 year old computer programmer living in Rochelle, Illinois, USA.  I spend a lot of time travelling around the world and get to see some interesting people and places.  This travelling supports my love of GT and Trans Am racing and I try and plan trips when I get get to see races in different locations (not as easy these days as it used to be).
I primarily use GTR2 and GT Legends as a stress reliever when I am at home programming and have used the standard cars plus  the Power and Glory mod to keep me occupied for years now.
I heard about the EEC mod on the F1 forum and was tempted to try it out, but did not want to disrupt my working, easy to thrash on system.  After a few videos now and lots of Forum reading...I cannot resist the urge and so downloaded the EEC mod and am going to give it a whack after the Thanksgiving holidays here.

I do not know too much about modding, but I have been a programmer for about 35 years (since before the PC) and can figure out most of my issues by reading the forums and applying a little patience and common sense.

I think most of the modders out there are very talented individuals, and they are never given enough thanks for what they provide, for free, to a community.  So...THANKS!  
I understand how time consuming projects can be, and that life and obligations are a real thing, and so I never ask 'when' or 'why' when getting something for free.

I have no issues if you only give me access to some Mods as I will most likely use the EEC mod for the next few years (the defaults have gotten me happy since 2008!!).
I have very little time in the summers free for online racing and as I get a little older I find I  am looking for more spare time than there are hours in a day.

I will not likely grab too many mods other than EEC and some skins, maybe I can provide a few as I learn some more...hope so anyway.

I will spend most of my free time on my Harley bagger with my lady friend touring the US and Canada and looking for places I have never seen before.  Then in the winter, I will sim race on my modest rig and enjoy the cars I cannot afford IRL  Smile  

That's about all I can think of to say...thanks for all you guys give to the community!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Greg Spahn
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GregSS

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the US Midwest! Empty Re: Greetings from the US Midwest!

Post  GT Fan 8899 18/11/2016, 22:34

Welcome to EEC Greg ! Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ermis Chachoglou
GT Fan 8899
GT Fan 8899

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtTsYSMopmxGCFM3MmhN81w

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 18/11/2016, 22:48

welcome

Back to top Go down

Post  angeleinma 18/11/2016, 22:58

Welcome to EEC, Greg. Enjoy drive

Angel Cañas      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
angeleinma
angeleinma

Back to top Go down

Post  rich54 18/11/2016, 23:11

Welcome and enjoy the site.

Richard Kost-[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
rich54
rich54

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 19/11/2016, 03:12

Hello, welcome and all the best!

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmezza 19/11/2016, 10:13

Greg is on the place !!!

Welcome to EEC... cheers

Alexandre Mezzacasa  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
alexmezza
alexmezza

Back to top Go down

Post  sleeperz 20/11/2016, 21:18

Welcome to EEC Smile thumbs

Alexander Gulidov [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Helmets collection for GTR2 EEC
PC Spec: Xeon E3-1240 V2, GTX 550Ti 1gb (Hot as hell and loud as a jet [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ), 8 Gb Ram, SSD 240 Gb, XBox 360 wireless gamepad

sleeperz

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the US Midwest! Empty Thanks for all the welcomes!

Post  GregSS 21/11/2016, 00:15

Thanks for taking the time to welcome me in!

I loaded up the EEC mod into a fresh GTR2 this weekend and got everything comfortably set up and had a few laps...Wow!
You guys made a great mod here. The work on the models and the physics to keep them all so close was evident.
Great Job!

Greg Spahn

GregSS

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 21/11/2016, 02:59

Welcome Greg,
You'll find it all here. Literally. Lots of talent and plenty of help when you run into problems.
If you have the rig to run it I really recommend moving up to Stock Car Extreme or Automobilista. I recently stepped up from GTR2 when EEC changed platforms for the online leagues. My machine is 2009 era. Glad I did. Small amount of money well spent. The available mods and tracks are good. Both have EEC GT3 available. Skins are easy to load and even do yourself. Most of all, the AI is so much better than GTR2 for offline racing. No more 3 car breakaways at the front and end of race AI slowdowns. Enjoy the site!

Back to top Go down

Post  GregSS 21/11/2016, 04:34

Paul,
Do you recommend one of those two sims over the other (SCE vs. Automobilista)?
I rarely get regular free time to race online (at least until I retire), but the idea of having AI that are not such an issue is appealing to say the least.
I have scoured forums for quite a while looking for AI tips for GTR2 that will keep me from getting too frustrated during a race.

Thanks again for the info!

Greg Spahn

GregSS

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 28/2/2017, 17:51

Greg,
So sorry that I didn't see your question and respond.
Some will say different, but in your case - offline racing as primary and only choosing one - I would buy GSCE. It is super cheap right now from Reiza. You can purchase it non-Steam I believe (at least I did) which takes that headache away.
GSCE has more mods available than AMS, including well sorted LMS Mods. They won't have the current GTLM/WEC Ford GT though. The other issue is that the latest GSCE EEC GT3 Mod doesn't have all of the latest GT3 cars from Daniel for AMS. So you won't have the Cadillacs, Porsche 991, Mercedes AMG GT3 or Ferrari 488. You do get some updated cars from the GTR2 Mod though in the GSCE Mod like the 2015 Audi, Bentley, Mercedes SLS, Huracan, GT3 VIper etc.

So if a narrow group of cars is OK with you and you want the latest that are on track get Automobilista. AMS also offers dynamic track and tire models (flat spot shake in FFB)
If you want a wider variety of Mods to race and want to spend next to nothing get GSCE.

Both are better inherit AI than GTR2 as long as you invest some time in Talent files.
Oh - forgot - GSCE has a lot more tracks to choose from too. Including Ovals.

Of course you could just get both...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down