dbr93 (2228)

Nectaria (2058)

Maxellero (1555)

Updating old skins for AMS use?

Go down

Updating old skins for AMS use?

Post  Danneskjold on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi guys!

So as I've mentioned elsewhere I'm updating an old NASCAR mod for use in AMS: http://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/test-league-for-ams-nascar-series-tues-8pm-est.1481/

It's got an old pack of skins, but they are ultra-shiny in game. So I quickly noticed that other skins for other mods have a very low opacity.

I tried replicating this by myself, but it was very apparent that I didn't have the correct process, or the correct figures to do it right. So what do I need to do to update these skins?

Thanks!

-Dan

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Springer Wahl ClanAOD.net

Danneskjold

Back to top Go down

Re: Updating old skins for AMS use?

Post  PATR10T on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:29 pm

^^

there no need to change something on the skin itself... you have to add a darker grey alpha channel Wink with this you can change the shine ingame... make the alpha channel more brighter for more shine and more dark for more matte

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Danneskjold on Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:57 am

Oh? When I open up other skins I see in the AMS folder, I can clearly see the backgrounds behind the images. I'll try putting a grey alpha over it (but at what opacity?).

I'm using Paint.net for this. Is this a special file format that I need a converter for? When I open it up, I only see one layer.

Danneskjold

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatAudiFan on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:34 am

@Danneskjold wrote:Oh?  When I open up other skins I see in the AMS folder, I can clearly see the backgrounds behind the images.  I'll try putting a grey alpha over it (but at what opacity?).

I'm using Paint.net for this.  Is this a special file format that I need a converter for?  When I open it up, I only see one layer.
Paint.net doesn't support alpha layers you will have to use either Photoshop or GIMP for this

Harm Roelofs
ThatAudiFan

Back to top Go down

Post  PATR10T on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:10 am

Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  6:11:13 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:34 am

I think you can use Photoshop CS2, an older version but its free.
Maybe the following link can help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THCL6VYEpaI
6:11:13

Back to top Go down

Post  Danneskjold on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:58 pm

I'm still struggling. Again, please forgive my newbie foibles, but the last time I played with an alpha channel for a texture it was an entirely separate file.

https://www.mediafire.com/?tywn41lhz14fxqg Here's an example of one of the files.

What do I have to do in Gimp to fix the Alpha channel on this?

Danneskjold

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum