European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» South East
RUN TIME ERROR CRASH - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
RUN TIME ERROR CRASH - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
RUN TIME ERROR CRASH - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
RUN TIME ERROR CRASH - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
RUN TIME ERROR CRASH - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
RUN TIME ERROR CRASH - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
RUN TIME ERROR CRASH - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
RUN TIME ERROR CRASH - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
RUN TIME ERROR CRASH - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

RUN TIME ERROR CRASH

+9
TopMarque
OscarF
frederick59
gtracer123
SilverSun
Audidriver
Maxellero
batukhan
sopgt7
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RUN TIME ERROR CRASH - Page 2 Empty Re: RUN TIME ERROR CRASH

Post  TopMarque 31/8/2016, 11:45

Wild guess - if you are using Windows 10 have you changed the compatibility setting in Properties?  Running the program in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility Mode seems to be the best setting.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mike Hoare                
TopMarque
TopMarque

Back to top Go down

Post  Audidriver 31/8/2016, 11:52

I use Win7 64 Bit. In Xp mod I can´t use the extra CPU cores with Taskmanager. So I must run the game normal

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Marc Arens [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No Online Races but ca. 140.000km offline Racing since 2006
Audidriver
Audidriver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 31/8/2016, 13:46

Audidriver wrote:
OscarF wrote:Another idea the might help is to turn of the replays, the recording needs a lot of power?!

sadly no. I disable Video & Replays but get this CTD. interessting for me is that 32 bit had problem with more then 3,2GB usage. With 55 cars from AC, Shift, Pcars and tracks like Spa 2011 or ECC Nordschleife I have more then 3,2 GB consumption and maybe that causes this CTD problem.

But many people had also running this cars in a field like 100 cars without this CTD. Thats what i don´´t understand.

I have this problem with big Grid often in Pit-Menu. example:
- I run some laps in quali, press Esc and going to pit (CTD)
- """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" now it works but when I go to timetable = CTD
- Going in Pits to camera/Tv for looking the AI cars at track = CTD
- drive some laps in quali and want to save the setup. Going in Pitmenu to save Setup and when I press save = CTD
- I can run a 24H Race without a problem. After the race I press Esc, then press end the Race and when I hit enter = CTD

Thats all happened arbitrarily! sometime it works, sometime I get this CTD. I have absolut no idea what causes this error. there is nothing suspicious in trace file.
Yeah above 3.2 u have a chance of crashing, does not mean it will for sure. Depends on cars. We have same issue in Automobilista, if you load 26~28 Boxer Cup and you go above 3.2gb it crashes, then you load 36 EEC GT3 cars and go 3.3gb and it runs fine (does not mean it won't cash at some point)

Back to top Go down

Post  Audidriver 31/8/2016, 15:59

Hm thats realy a weird problem with this CTD shit. I believe there is no solution, because each has a different Hardware, even every GTR2 is different (mods, tracks) on our PC´s. For me is best to save very often at 24H with big fields.

I drive my Quali laps, press Esc, save & then I go to menu. When saison is over, I save and skip to next season. Race works fine everytime but in last round of 24H race I save again. Should it CTD again when i go to pitmenu, i can load and drive last lap again.

After loading it works fine to skip for Menu when race is over.

Audidriver
Audidriver

Back to top Go down

Post  OscarF 31/8/2016, 16:51

Yes, I think that you are right, there seems to be no universal method! Sorry I could not help! Rolling Eyes

Oscar Eaff
OscarF
OscarF

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 31/8/2016, 20:36

I use ilu2404 Spa track and Le Mans revived edition. And I just remembered something, I used to do the same races that I posted about yesterday on a laptop i5 @ 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM and ATI mobility HD 5470 and when I loaded Le Mans track with all modded cars I got a CTD after clicking on setup or drive, etc... I tried again but did not click anything after loading completed and just waited 20-30+ seconds then clicked any icon and did not get CTD, I was also able to finish 3 hour race. So maybe that can help a little bit. After loading summary or anything else you're doing, give a few seconds for the game to load completely, it might still be processing even after maybe pressing esc, loading a race, pits icons, etc... I still apply that technic on every race with many cars even the default ones. I cannot say it's a solution but in my case it looks like it helps. However I need to try more races with longer times. And unsure whether cff explorer is similar or has better advantage than 4GB patch.

Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gtracer123
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  frederick59 31/8/2016, 21:26

You are right on waiting some minutes and letting the processor "heat up".Today got 42 LMP and GT cars from 2012 wec round 2 at Spa running smoothly on Ilu's 2013 Spa track cheers

JeromeBrown

frederick59

Back to top Go down

Post  Straightsix 1/9/2016, 17:54

It can be helpful to not save the race, when you are in the pit. Many tracks needs more performance in pit-area. I save my races, when i'm on a straight line like Hunaudiere or Döttinger Höhe.
Also, if you are driving a long time with replay on, the game needs time to save the replay.

Andreas Behm aka Commodore
Straightsix
Straightsix

Back to top Go down

RUN TIME ERROR CRASH - Page 2 Empty RUN TIME ERROR CRASH

Post  kadett30 2/9/2016, 18:40

Überprüfen Sie die .CAS datei auf zuordnung!! z.B.

SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>
SearchPath=GameData\Teams\SP9
SearchPath=GameData\Teams\SP9\BMW M6 GT3 Teams
SearchPath=<VEHDIR>

viel Glück Very Happy

kadett30

Back to top Go down

Post  batukhan 2/9/2016, 20:11

Straightsix wrote:It can be helpful to not save the race, when you are in the pit. Many tracks needs more performance in pit-area. I save my races, when i'm on a straight line like Hunaudiere or Döttinger Höhe.
Also, if you are driving a long time with replay on, the game needs time to save the replay.
Thats why I'm baffled because it always allowed me to save in the pits before? it has to be the new cars and there enhanced graghics!!!!
batukhan
batukhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Straightsix 3/9/2016, 11:13

Yes, the new graphic standards are very heavy. Try to start a quick race (GTR2 in window mode), let the AI drive your car and then open the task manager. There you can see how much ram the GTR2.exe takes. More than 3.4 GB are critical.
Try to reduce shadows, details of the cars and the track, and remove the animations.
Good luck!

Straightsix
Straightsix

Back to top Go down

Post  batukhan 3/9/2016, 12:50

Straightsix wrote:Yes, the new graphic standards are very heavy. Try to start a quick race (GTR2 in window mode), let the AI drive your car and then open the task manager. There you can see how much ram the GTR2.exe takes. More than 3.4 GB are critical.
Try to reduce shadows, details of the cars and the track, and remove the animations.
Good luck!
Thank you...I'LL GIVE IT A TRY Smile
batukhan
batukhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Straightsix 12/9/2016, 16:21

I became a PM, but can not answer, because i have not reach the post limit. So i make it this way.
If you want to see, how much Ram GTR2 takes, open the task manager while GTR2 runs and click
the 2. registercard. There you can see all processes and the Ram they take.
For example: Made it yesterday, DTM 2013 Mod, 22 cars, track Hockenheim GP, after start: 1,6 GB.

Straightsix
Straightsix

Back to top Go down

Post  monitorjorge 12/9/2016, 20:40

Guys, first remember, GTR2 is a old grandpa... works in 32bit mode.

Many mods in a same race will get runtime error offcorse.

Ex: my dream is a full VLN race with maybe 102 cars in Nordscheilfe. but it's possible only with gtr2 stock cars.

I've reached a total of 86 cars mix setting video config to medium. if i put high = Runtime error.. if i put 1 more car = Runtime error. so, for Vln race this is my config.

Try to set the graphics config and add cars one by one to reach the maximum. (don't forget to open menu, timetable, garage etc. its terryble end a 2 hour race and when click finish have a CTD)

regards

| SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PHENOM IIX6 1090T | 16GB GSKILL SNIPER SERIES | GTX1660 TI 6GB
monitorjorge
monitorjorge

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 13/9/2016, 07:30

Straightsix wrote:open the task manager while GTR2 runs and click
the 2. registercard. There you can see all processes and the Ram they take.
You mean click the performance tab?

Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gtracer123
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  Straightsix 13/9/2016, 18:18

Sorry, i have the german version, don't know how it is named in english.
but if you open the task manager it is easy to find. There is a list of all .exe which are active.
The first column shows you the program, for example "firefox.exe"
The fourth column shows you the ram, for example "310.000 K" (= 310MB).

Straightsix
Straightsix

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 14/9/2016, 04:00

Ah I see now, well, for my 24 Hours of Spa video that I posted in the GTR2 videos section it was between 1,525,000 - 1,612,000.
86 cars, made 2 starts, one during day the other at night. Cars were default GTR2 + custom skins
Danke Straightsix thumps up

gtracer123
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  Audidriver 15/12/2016, 11:23

yesterday I try a testday in Daytona and get this CTD again. In Taskmanager GTR2 uses 3,7 GB Ram, after disable the AMG GT3 form Scorpio it still uses 3,5 GB and still get a CTD.

Now a question. Exist a software that limit the RAM usage for a specific software like GTR? To set GTR use only 3,2 GB Ram?

In the msconfig you can setup the Ram usage but its for Windows generel not for a special program. With Lasso software I think you can only set the CPU affinity not the Ram affinity.

Audidriver
Audidriver

Back to top Go down

Post  monitorjorge 15/12/2016, 11:49

check the pit crew details, maybe cause the problem! set to "only player", and the graphic config to full. i don't know but for me doesn't work with medium config.. scratch

| SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PHENOM IIX6 1090T | 16GB GSKILL SNIPER SERIES | GTX1660 TI 6GB
monitorjorge
monitorjorge

Back to top Go down

Post  Audidriver 15/12/2016, 12:09

pit crew details are only for player on. And graphic is set on full. I had a powerfull PC and no trouble with GTR2 performance.

Its the Ram usage because its way over the 3,2 Gb. AC cars Pcars use a lot of Ram. Daytona track self uses over 1 GB Ram..

I think the ram usage for GTR2 must reduced. But I don´t know if it works

Audidriver
Audidriver

Back to top Go down

Post  Durge Driven 16/12/2016, 06:04

i5 @3.9GHz  - 8GB 1600 - GTX970 -  Fresh W7 HP 64bit, 358.50 drivers,  4GB patch, runaff ,  nividia inspector , DX June 2010, VC2010  32/64bit
100 cars @4K

I run countless 100s of tracks with HQ GTR2 to test for 100 car compatibility to get the list below.
All  pics in there are testing tracks realtime.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    ( only tracks at No Grip + VLM circuits included )

P.S.
In GTR2 Essentials is a mod that swaps all those  tracks grid limits from default to 60, 80, 100cars  and back in a click .

Last edited by Durge Driven on 16/12/2016, 06:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : P.S.)

Peter Krahe - Sydney, AUSTRALIA
DurgeDriven "DD"
Durge Driven
Durge Driven

Back to top Go down

Post  Audidriver 16/12/2016, 09:40

The Problem are not the default or WSGT Cars. A lot of HighPoly from PCARS & AC causes CTD´s

With 10 Protos (grid Mod), 20 GTE and 10 GT3 cars at Daytona GTR2 uses 3,7 GB Ram. So I try to reduce the Ram for Windows from 8 GB to 4,5 GB..

With 4,5 GB Ram GTR2 uses with this Grid 3,1 GB instead of 3,7 GB. But the performance is real bad because the Ram is full all the time.
AND: The CTD exist still with 3,1 GB..

I think with the latest convertions from AC or Pcars in a Big Grid, old GTR2 is way over the Limit. I had no FPS issue, PC can handle it easy but GTR2 not.

Audidriver
Audidriver

Back to top Go down

Post  Durge Driven 16/12/2016, 11:02

Sorry was  reply to first post

GTL  4191mb used it says, I will  check GTR2

DurgeDriven "DD"
Durge Driven
Durge Driven

Back to top Go down

Post  Audidriver 16/12/2016, 11:30

Durge Driven wrote:Sorry was  reply to first post

GTL  4191mb used it says, I will  check GTR2

4191MB and don´t get a CTD when skip to next season, or go to Timetable, or load setup, or at end of race when go to Pits?

I don´t understand why some people have no problems with such a lot of RAM usage and other has it.

For example: ONE AMG GT3 from Scorpio and Friends use 250 MB Ram. The car looks wonderful and is realy great but 250 MB is horrible to much for a big grid. At four AMG´s GTR2 uses 1 GB only for four cars..

Audidriver
Audidriver

Back to top Go down

Post  Durge Driven 16/12/2016, 11:32

P.S.

Run HWINFO and RivaTuner  and  start with 25 of your cars. say.

Watch and record the limits  as you add cars maybe you can see something in individual levels or models will help  Wink

DurgeDriven "DD"
Durge Driven
Durge Driven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next