European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Hello from CT, USA! I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Hello from CT, USA! I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Hello from CT, USA! I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Hello from CT, USA! I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Hello from CT, USA! I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Hello from CT, USA! I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Hello from CT, USA! I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
Hello from CT, USA! I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
Hello from CT, USA! I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

Hello from CT, USA!

3 posters

Go down

Hello from CT, USA! Empty Hello from CT, USA!

Post  Guest 21/8/2016, 06:28

Hey everyone, just thought I'd drop by to say hello and tel you a little about myself!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's your real name, age?

Matt Wood, 26.

From where you are?

Connecticut, United States of America

Which Sim games do you play?

AutoMobilista, iRacing, NASCAR Racing 2003

How did You know about EEC Team? (If its a friend or from a different site please tell write who it is too)

Facebook through a sportscar racing page.

Do you ever race online?

I'm not that great, so not really!

Do you have enough free time to run on sundays? (Only important if you want to drive online)

Not planning to run online.

Do you know something about modding, skinning?

Have skinned for many years in NASCAR Racing 2003, including making my own templates for makes and models not represented in game:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Any problem for you if we give access only for some Mods?

None whatsoever.

Are you here only to grab mods and then leave us?

Not at all!

Please, write a few words about you (hobbies, sports, job, etc):

26, work at a MINI dealership during the week, on Saturday nights I help my good friends with their Late Model Stock Car at the local tracks near me. Weeknights usually see me watching an old race of some sort, I attend three IMSA races a year(Rolex 24, Six Hours of the Glen, and the Lime Rock Park round), as well as a PWC event or two. Racing and cars are pretty much my life.

Nice meeting all of you, and hopefully I can learn how to skin in rFactor based sims to be able to help everyone here!

Back to top Go down

Hello from CT, USA! Empty Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  gtracer123 21/8/2016, 07:13

Welcome Smile
Just add your name to your signature please Wink

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gtracer123
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  Lmp900 21/8/2016, 07:39

Welcome to EEC Matt!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To finish first, you must first finish.

Matthew Cavanaugh
Lmp900
Lmp900

Back to top Go down

Post  oldspalover1963 21/8/2016, 10:56

Welcome here mate.

Greetings Dirk

Dirk Hofman  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
oldspalover1963
oldspalover1963

Location : Belgium,the country with the best racecircuit on earth.

http://oldspaloverspaintingforgtr2andgtl.blogspot.be/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 21/8/2016, 13:51

Welcome Matt. Remember to put your real name in your signature on your profile so people know you when you post and reply.
Try to run online with us. I promise you'll enjoy the experience. Not as structured as Iracing but all the fun and friendship. There are a ton of resources here for you to enjoy. Great looking skins buddy. I'm sure you will soon be one of the best contributors and teammates here. Enjoy!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 21/8/2016, 17:28

decpau wrote:Welcome Matt. Remember to put your real name in your signature on your profile so people know you when you post and reply.
Try to run online with us. I promise you'll enjoy the experience. Not as structured as Iracing but all the fun and friendship. There are a ton of resources here for you to enjoy. Great looking skins buddy. I'm sure you will soon be one of the best contributors and teammates here. Enjoy!!

Here's the thing. I don't have anywhere to put a wheel, so I currently use a controller on all my sims. Sacrelige, I know, haha. I'd rather hot lap with a controller than be in the way of everyone and constantly spinning online, which is why I try and refrain from it. Once I were to get the space to set up a full wheel and everything I'd be more than happy to, but I'm not sure when that'll be.

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 21/8/2016, 19:10

woodski wrote:Here's the thing.  I don't have anywhere to put a wheel, so I currently use a controller on all my sims.  Sacrelige, I know, haha.  I'd rather hot lap with a controller than be in the way of everyone and constantly spinning online, which is why I try and refrain from it.  Once I were to get the space to set up a full wheel and everything I'd be more than happy to, but I'm not sure when that'll be.

Maybe it depends of the controller. no? I have yet to find a smooth controller for left/right and acceleration rates all together. Not sure if it works that way for a controller on a pc. Why don't you use the keyboard?

Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gtracer123
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 21/8/2016, 19:14

gtracer123 wrote:
woodski wrote:Here's the thing.  I don't have anywhere to put a wheel, so I currently use a controller on all my sims.  Sacrelige, I know, haha.  I'd rather hot lap with a controller than be in the way of everyone and constantly spinning online, which is why I try and refrain from it.  Once I were to get the space to set up a full wheel and everything I'd be more than happy to, but I'm not sure when that'll be.

Maybe it depends of the controller. no? I have yet to find a smooth controller for left/right and acceleration rates all together. Not sure if it works that way for a controller on a pc. Why don't you use the keyboard?
xbox controller should do the trick, good analog sticks and triggers. i started in pcars that way :p

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 21/8/2016, 19:36

Will it require editing/modifying things or just plug and play? Because I asked about it and many said you're better off with a keyboard.

gtracer123
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 21/8/2016, 19:38

gtracer123 wrote:Will it require editing/modifying things or just plug and play? Because I asked about it and many said you're better off with a keyboard.
most of steam games pick up xbox controller without extra configs.
just plug and play (and rechargeable batteries!)

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 21/8/2016, 19:44

Ah steam, I have GTR2 non steam, perhaps that's why it's different.

gtracer123
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 21/8/2016, 21:09

Yeah I've got an aftermarket wired XBOX controller. Issues that stem from it are that the accel and brake triggers are on the same axis, so if you press down both accel and brake triggers, they cancel each other out and input nothing.

That and I need to figure out a good setting for the joystick, as of now if you cap it out left or right, it will immediately send the wheels to full lock in whichever direction you choose, as opposed to slowly turning them to full lock.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum