EEC We Go Faster
EEC News
Twitter
Facebook
EEC Friends

Top posters
Kalinin (9627)
 
PATR10T (9044)
 
ilu2404 (4165)
 
JorritVD (2566)
 
Totenkopf (2282)
 
bmwcrash (2223)
 
alexmezza (2176)
 
dbr93 (2070)
 
Nectaria (2043)
 
Crimson764 (1418)
 


Hello from CT, USA!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from CT, USA!

Post  woodski on 21/8/2016, 06:28

Hey everyone, just thought I'd drop by to say hello and tel you a little about myself!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's your real name, age?

Matt Wood, 26.

From where you are?

Connecticut, United States of America

Which Sim games do you play?

AutoMobilista, iRacing, NASCAR Racing 2003

How did You know about EEC Team? (If its a friend or from a different site please tell write who it is too)

Facebook through a sportscar racing page.

Do you ever race online?

I'm not that great, so not really!

Do you have enough free time to run on sundays? (Only important if you want to drive online)

Not planning to run online.

Do you know something about modding, skinning?

Have skinned for many years in NASCAR Racing 2003, including making my own templates for makes and models not represented in game:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Any problem for you if we give access only for some Mods?

None whatsoever.

Are you here only to grab mods and then leave us?

Not at all!

Please, write a few words about you (hobbies, sports, job, etc):

26, work at a MINI dealership during the week, on Saturday nights I help my good friends with their Late Model Stock Car at the local tracks near me. Weeknights usually see me watching an old race of some sort, I attend three IMSA races a year(Rolex 24, Six Hours of the Glen, and the Lime Rock Park round), as well as a PWC event or two. Racing and cars are pretty much my life.

Nice meeting all of you, and hopefully I can learn how to skin in rFactor based sims to be able to help everyone here!

woodski

Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-08-21
Age : 27
Location : CT, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  gtracer123 on 21/8/2016, 07:13

Welcome Smile
Just add your name to your signature please Wink

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
gtracer123

Posts : 556
Join date : 2013-10-22
Age : 21
Location : Canada

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ie2_RmPq4VUP9x9Z_OF3A

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  Lmp900 on 21/8/2016, 07:39

Welcome to EEC Matt!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To finish first, you must first finish.

Matthew Cavanaugh
avatar
Lmp900

Posts : 289
Join date : 2014-03-26
Location : Chicago, Illinois, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  oldspalover1963 on 21/8/2016, 10:56

Welcome here mate.

Greetings Dirk

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dirk Hofman  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
oldspalover1963

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-07-13
Age : 54
Location : Belgium,the country with the best racecircuit on earth.

http://oldspaloverspaintingforgtr2andgtl.blogspot.be/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  decpau on 21/8/2016, 13:51

Welcome Matt. Remember to put your real name in your signature on your profile so people know you when you post and reply.
Try to run online with us. I promise you'll enjoy the experience. Not as structured as Iracing but all the fun and friendship. There are a ton of resources here for you to enjoy. Great looking skins buddy. I'm sure you will soon be one of the best contributors and teammates here. Enjoy!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  Paul DeClercq
avatar
decpau

Posts : 768
Join date : 2015-01-13
Age : 55
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  woodski on 21/8/2016, 17:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Welcome Matt. Remember to put your real name in your signature on your profile so people know you when you post and reply.
Try to run online with us. I promise you'll enjoy the experience. Not as structured as Iracing but all the fun and friendship. There are a ton of resources here for you to enjoy. Great looking skins buddy. I'm sure you will soon be one of the best contributors and teammates here. Enjoy!!

Here's the thing. I don't have anywhere to put a wheel, so I currently use a controller on all my sims. Sacrelige, I know, haha. I'd rather hot lap with a controller than be in the way of everyone and constantly spinning online, which is why I try and refrain from it. Once I were to get the space to set up a full wheel and everything I'd be more than happy to, but I'm not sure when that'll be.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] - Matt Wood

woodski

Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-08-21
Age : 27
Location : CT, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  gtracer123 on 21/8/2016, 19:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Here's the thing.  I don't have anywhere to put a wheel, so I currently use a controller on all my sims.  Sacrelige, I know, haha.  I'd rather hot lap with a controller than be in the way of everyone and constantly spinning online, which is why I try and refrain from it.  Once I were to get the space to set up a full wheel and everything I'd be more than happy to, but I'm not sure when that'll be.

Maybe it depends of the controller. no? I have yet to find a smooth controller for left/right and acceleration rates all together. Not sure if it works that way for a controller on a pc. Why don't you use the keyboard?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
gtracer123

Posts : 556
Join date : 2013-10-22
Age : 21
Location : Canada

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ie2_RmPq4VUP9x9Z_OF3A

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  neruxxx on 21/8/2016, 19:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Here's the thing.  I don't have anywhere to put a wheel, so I currently use a controller on all my sims.  Sacrelige, I know, haha.  I'd rather hot lap with a controller than be in the way of everyone and constantly spinning online, which is why I try and refrain from it.  Once I were to get the space to set up a full wheel and everything I'd be more than happy to, but I'm not sure when that'll be.

Maybe it depends of the controller. no? I have yet to find a smooth controller for left/right and acceleration rates all together. Not sure if it works that way for a controller on a pc. Why don't you use the keyboard?
xbox controller should do the trick, good analog sticks and triggers. i started in pcars that way :p

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ignacio Hortal - CL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
neruxxx

Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-08-21
Age : 27
Location : stgo. chile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  gtracer123 on 21/8/2016, 19:36

Will it require editing/modifying things or just plug and play? Because I asked about it and many said you're better off with a keyboard.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
gtracer123

Posts : 556
Join date : 2013-10-22
Age : 21
Location : Canada

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ie2_RmPq4VUP9x9Z_OF3A

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  neruxxx on 21/8/2016, 19:38

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Will it require editing/modifying things or just plug and play? Because I asked about it and many said you're better off with a keyboard.
most of steam games pick up xbox controller without extra configs.
just plug and play (and rechargeable batteries!)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ignacio Hortal - CL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
neruxxx

Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-08-21
Age : 27
Location : stgo. chile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  gtracer123 on 21/8/2016, 19:44

Ah steam, I have GTR2 non steam, perhaps that's why it's different.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
gtracer123

Posts : 556
Join date : 2013-10-22
Age : 21
Location : Canada

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ie2_RmPq4VUP9x9Z_OF3A

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  woodski on 21/8/2016, 21:09

Yeah I've got an aftermarket wired XBOX controller. Issues that stem from it are that the accel and brake triggers are on the same axis, so if you press down both accel and brake triggers, they cancel each other out and input nothing.

That and I need to figure out a good setting for the joystick, as of now if you cap it out left or right, it will immediately send the wheels to full lock in whichever direction you choose, as opposed to slowly turning them to full lock.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] - Matt Wood

woodski

Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-08-21
Age : 27
Location : CT, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from CT, USA!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum