European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 30 I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 30 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 30 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 30 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 30 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 30 I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 30 I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 30 I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 30 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

+38
ChaosZero
jr82
Renxo
Ares1988
miuqana
matteo1974
ohdear
simspeed_racing
intelpower
Maxellero
jsmee
Bad News
GeForce06
giaserg
suti
JorritVD
toto090369
Jarodparker
alexmezza
BrunoTh
ernie2492
bernie91
Tano
skeno
Street Racer 77
haruo
theravenousbeast
baika
RemusRacing
spottyracer
Nebehr
Alessio_F1
Markano97
Philipp3112
Cheeveer
dbstreet
eurostc
pimmy
42 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Post  simspeed_racing 9/12/2016, 08:46

I don't know either, maybe its psychological

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Post  Jarodparker 9/12/2016, 08:52

Lol that isn't psychological, you take 406 and Laguna, the drivability is totaly different and I don't understand where that come from !

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 9/12/2016, 11:22

Jarodparker wrote:Alfa use Alfa 94 engine lol ... But it's the same of other engine.
BMW use Skoda engine.

I think ford is one best car of 95, not fault of car if driver doing shit !
Renault have same power of Ford in the game but less torque. But Renault have best chaassis.

Spa :

Renault 2.23.640
Ford 2.23.408

I have better drive on the lap with Ford and this car use more the tyre than Renault !
lol, i mean these are the files i have updated

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker 9/12/2016, 11:37

I'm working on the physics, If everybody want to compare with reality and say me what thinking of that !

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 9/12/2016, 13:54

Jarodparker wrote:I'm working on the physics, If everybody want to compare with reality and say me what thinking of that !

have to say that car looks a helluva lot of fun to drive.

are there any plans to make Championship files for season's '91-'93?

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 10/12/2016, 11:42

in the '99 & '00 seasons, Reid (99) & Menu (00) don't go out to qualify & set a time at the brands hatch circuits.
i know this is a GTR2 issue tho not sure if a solution was ever found.
it's odd as when the above happens it doesn't randomise the grid....

when a car crashes etc & doesn't set a time, instead of getting a random grid you can get away with restarting the session without affect.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosZero 11/12/2016, 11:49

Markano97 wrote:does anyone have the old Shell Helix Ultra logo shown in the 1998 race ?
______
Check the bridge banner shown on this capture.It's not shown clearly though Embarassed
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

While not the same logo, Shell kept the same design from the early '70s all the way to the late '90s, as showed on their official website:
Which means that you can take a logo from the '70s or the '80s and modifiy it to make it look like a '90s one.
In this particular case, it's also worth noticing that Shell was title sponsor for the ATCC in 1985, and main sponsor of the Johnson's Sierra aswell.

While the numberplate in itself doesn't offer anything interesting as you can see below (Car pictured is a Rover):
Johnson's car does:
The logo has the same design as the one you're looking for, it just has the "striped" effect on the wrong letters, which means that all you have to do is replicate the effect from the HI letters on the ULTRA letters. The screencap you posted clearly shows that it's ascending from right to left, with the UL letters "affected" by the striped effect just where the screenshot cuts (there is a slim black border you can spot which shows where to cut). The Helix text is the same font as today, so you can take a modern logo off Google and paste it without big changes. Judging by the placement on that bridge, it looks like it's actually the same logo as today, but with a less weird X letter.

I'm sure a talented painter such as yourself can do this easily.

ぜんにほんジーティーせんしゅけん
ChaosZero
ChaosZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 11/12/2016, 17:14

Thanks for the info and kind words Chaos.I found a better shot that allowed me to make this variant.Trouble is this race is hard and time is lacking.I am currently finishing the #6 bmw but it will take a while until i finish the 1998 race.Maybe after i finish the 1998 race i'll make my own version of something.Here's a hint: Very Happy

Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 12/12/2016, 11:58

a couple of questions regarding the overtaking/drafting & also collisions with GTR2 ai.
has anyone figured out the Drafting effects so that the ai race/overtake each other instead of sitting out of the draft on a straight? other times they pull out of a draft & back off str8 away & lose momentum etc.
i have been trying to figure it out using the SuperTouring BTCC mod. have it working ok with the '94 carset = Tested on Thruxton
BaseDropoff=0.795
LeadingExponent0.0
FollowingExponent=0.3
they pull out & pass under brakes & it's generally pretty good etc but with the same setting on the '95 carset it's back to how it originally was etc & i can't get near to figuring it out. seems the cars are set differantly to simulate the fact those cars were more aero efficient etc.
i am trying to get them to be as aggressive as the real BTCC drivers are etc.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker 14/12/2016, 12:56

I have a question in the .tyr !

4WD and RWD have 0.35 in "softness" and FWD have 0.50 in this section. What tyre is using more with AI, 0.35 or 0.50 ?!

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 15/12/2016, 02:52

any idea why when an AI car is right behind another in a corner there is a delay in getting on the power & the car in front gets away? is there a fix for this?

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker 15/12/2016, 10:10

No it's for having the same tyre consumation with AI for all type of car.

I work on tyre V2, the current tyre stuck so much on the ground and causing problem. With my V2 you see all error in the physics of the mod. Exemple, with current tyre, performance of the car depending of the engine at 95%. With V2, drivability of the car become more important with AI and humans. Now Nissan 99 not need more power because her good drivability is more important.
The problem between AI and gravel is normaly fixed with V2.
AI is less tank when you touch it and you see more aggressive battle between AI.
I setup the tyre with a precision who are at 0.001.

For 3D modeler, Toyota Sprinter Marino have a big big drivability problem and it's not in the .hdc. The car have so much good drivability and  become the fastest car of the mod with shit engine ... It's the alone FWD where the rear tyre is always cold blue and this problem come from drivability. I think all problems of this car come from axes in 3D model.

Bmw_st.hdc have another problem, the front is so much heavier, totaly unbalanced and car lost 2sec than all others cars with same eng. and tyr. but I have fixed that and car provide a lot of more pleasure.

I have passed a lot of hours to see Supertouring videos, works on tyre and test for finding the good drivability, realistic laptime and good balance betwwen fwd, 4wd and rwd.

Now, 4wd have the best start, behind, with current tyres, 4wd lost position at start. No change in .eng or .hdc, just the tyres Very Happy

I think tyres V2 is finish less one week Wink

edit : I think I have find the problem of Toyota

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 15/12/2016, 13:18

Jarodparker wrote:That is the fix for season 94 btcc (Alfa and BMW engine) :

i have been experimenting over the past week with AI cars performance & have done as follows =

have installed alfa/bmw 94 update (link in the quoted post above)
94 - updates
alfa - use updated bmw 94 engine
bmw - use Vauxhall Cavalier 94 engine (is slower on some tracks & quick on others.)
vauxhall - renault '94 engine

slow '95 Ford/speed up Renault
ford - use toyota engine
renault - use ford engine

'96 happy with
bmw - orig '94 bmw .rdc + .eng

speed up '97 Renault a touch & speed up Rydell/slow down Burt
swap burt/rydell driver files
renault '96 engine

'98 the randomness of results is fine as per the top half of the field is fine aside from Neal being a front runner (him around the top 10 would be bang on).
slow peugeot with honda accord '95 engine
slow ford with '97 engine
slow renault with ford '96 engine
Matt Neal fix - (as suggested by one of the mods creators on here & it works fine)
Create a unique HDC to not affect the 1997 cars -
So for this car you would copy the NISSAN_PRIMERA_1997.HDC and rename it for example NISSAN_PRIMERA_NEAL.HDC.
Then in Neal's .CAR file change the line HDVehicle=NISSAN_PRIMERA_1997.hdc to match the new file.

This new HDC allows you to have a new engine file. So take the engine of your choice and again rename it to what you want, for this example call it NISSAN_PRIMERA_NEAL.ENG.

Go back to the new HDC NISSAN_PRIMERA_NEAL.HDC and scroll to the engine section and change the two lines so they point to the new engine like so
[ENGINE]
RevLimitAvailable=1
SpeedLimiter=1 // Whether a pitlane speed limiter is available
Normal=NISSAN_PRIMERA_NEAL
RestrictorPlate=NISSAN_PRIMERA_NEAL

speed up '99 Nissan - ford '00 engine
neal - '98 engine
honda - volvo engine
renault - renault engine swapped name to r99_renault (so edited/slower '98 engine for Reanult does not affect this car)

'00
honda - ford '99 engine
vauxhall - honda engine (so Vaux/Honda have same engine)

some possibly need a tweek or 2 but it's mostly fine.

i can't get my head around the AI racing wise (it's a known GTR2 problem).
have the drop off draft line at .295 & the follow/leader lines at 0.0 & the racing is ok, they outbreak each other etc but when they are right behind a car out of a turn they don't get on the power str8 away which is frustrating. i am at a loss to understand how to fix this.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker 15/12/2016, 14:48

Problem come from grip at acceleration who stuck so much -> all AI accelerate at the max -> les diffrence between good and bad driver -> no passing in the straight line

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 15/12/2016, 15:24

Jarodparker wrote:Problem come from grip at acceleration who stuck so much -> all AI accelerate at the max -> les diffrence between good and bad driver -> no passing in the straight line

is there a known way around it? when it does this is lets the car in front break the draft....

i had set the draftdropoff line to .495 with the leader/follower lines at 0.0 which does help a lot but it has an effect on the AI cars performance, as in '96 for example Biela isn't the fastest car, so looking to get a good balance where the right cars win etc yet the racing is good.

it's pretty much doing my head in.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker 15/12/2016, 15:55

If so much grip, less difference between cars with good and bad drivability. Much you have a big difference with drivability, much you grow up the possibility to passing. If you change any line of .tyr, the change works on AI. I don't speak of AIgrip and all liness of AI, I speak of lines who change the drivability for you, have an effect on AI. If you change roaddrygrip for you, that change the grip forr AI with tthe  same effect.AI is combined with all setup lines of all files (.hdc, eng, tyr, ....) and  sometimes yyou don't find the solution in AI lines, but in your lines.

AI change a lot with tyres V2, they become very very angry and don't hesitate to push the guy in front for passing. Psychotic AI become psycopathe lol ...
I have see 2 AI doing 80% of one lap  at Spa, door on door with touching and drift at the limit of accident.

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 16/12/2016, 01:59

Jarodparker wrote:If so much grip, less difference between cars with good and bad drivability. Much you have a big difference with drivability, much you grow up the possibility to passing. If you change any line of .tyr, the change works on AI. I don't speak of AIgrip and all liness of AI, I speak of lines who change the drivability for you, have an effect on AI. If you change roaddrygrip for you, that change the grip forr AI with tthe  same effect.AI is combined with all setup lines of all files (.hdc, eng, tyr, ....) and  sometimes yyou don't find the solution in AI lines, but in your lines.

AI change a lot with tyres V2, they become very very angry and don't hesitate to push the guy in front for passing. Psychotic AI become psycopathe lol ...
I have see 2 AI doing 80% of one lap  at Spa, door on door with touching and drift at the limit of accident.
sounds like the "good ol days" of BTCC lol. as a matter of interest what line did you change & what to in order to get that result?

i get the cars all accelerate differently etc, what happens that i have noticed is they just don't get on the power till after the car in front has pulled away, it ruins the chance to draft & isn't what any driver would do, esp in the BTCC where they would drive through the car in front if they could lol.

i know it's a GTR2 issue not a mod issue. this mod is pretty much 100% & an issue within the game is the only issue with it.

this is with the Draftdropoff set at .495 & the follower/leader lines at 0.0.
i have noticed with this that is jumbles up the order a touch, i.e Biela '96 isn't quickest car.
looking for a balance between the 2.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  theravenousbeast 16/12/2016, 02:23

Jr82 try lowering the AI to AI collision rate.

Lionel, looking forward to see what you do with the tyres. bounce

Nenad Kasapov

Touring car fanatic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 16/12/2016, 03:38

theravenousbeast wrote:Jr82 try lowering the AI to AI collision rate.

cheers, i didn't think of that, it's set at 40 i'll try 0 & see how that goes lol

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 16/12/2016, 04:31

just had a look it doesn't fix it, 0 they drive through each other a bit but on 10 etc they don't bounce off each other when they hit & they still back off out of a corner.

here is an example of the issue at hand, i had set the collision rate to 5 here, car sits behind slower car in front on str8 & doesn't overtake till the braking area for turn 2.... =

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 16/12/2016, 12:14

Working on a realistic performance engine pack plus few minor upgrades, got Nissan and Honda most powerful cars (like IRL) but still not runaway winners.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 16/12/2016, 12:33

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Working on a realistic performance engine pack plus few minor upgrades, got Nissan and Honda most powerful cars (like IRL) but still not runaway winners.
the Honda '99 & '00 is pretty quick in the mod that has been released. in '00 i reckon it's actually the quickest car. same for '99 as well

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker 16/12/2016, 13:04

Jr82, if you want to do good video, download fraps and trashreg  Wink

A little tease for waiting ^^ ! I don't works on GTR the week-end because I'm in the top 100 world at trackmania and when your are at this rank, you have just 3 hours the sundays on special server for grow up your rank Mad

I know AI isn't perfect but it's not finished and I know what to do. The AIgripmulti not works for fixed this little bug, it's in others lines for AI

Otherwise, with humans drivers, the tyres is finished at 100% and I know you love the BMW. I have added a 5th number after "1.xxx" at roaddrygrip for having the best balance for the traction on the ground.

Cars become more difficult to control but when you understand how the car work, you have more possibility to drift or sliding for winning time or just having fun. The laptime of  98 cars at Spa is between 2.28-2.29 when in real the pole at 24h of Spa in 1997 is 2.29.7xx but car at 24h is less perform than STW for doing 24h and the pole isn't the priority in 24h race, and I don't think drivers take the last chicane like me lol ...

GTP : I'm interest to see that !

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 16/12/2016, 13:44

To further expand:

Power wise the top cars are as follows:

Volvo (99) 335hp
Honda (Mk6) 330hp
Ford Mondeo (00) 330
Nissan Primera (99) 330hp
Renault Laguna (98/99) 320
Ford Mondeo (99) 320

The Mondeo Honda and Nissan are crazy quick so I've balanced them a little, they've got better acceleration and drive than other cars (which helps on technical circuits) but a little bit of top end lacking. My first test of 1998 BTCC with changes had Nissan and and Ford locking out the top 7!

Still having a few minor issues but i''m close to getting them fixed... Also made couple adjustments to gen string (wheel rims), comparative time... It's getting there.

Also over at FRM, you ready for this guys? Very Happy around 70% lights done!

Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 16/12/2016, 14:09

GTP_furinkazen wrote:To further expand:

Power wise the top cars are as follows:

Volvo (99) 335hp
Honda (Mk6) 330hp
Ford Mondeo (00) 330
Nissan Primera (99) 330hp
Renault Laguna (98/99) 320
Ford Mondeo (99) 320

The Mondeo Honda and Nissan are crazy quick so I've balanced them a little, they've got better acceleration and drive than other cars (which helps on technical circuits) but a little bit of top end lacking. My first test of 1998 BTCC with changes had Nissan and and Ford locking out the top 7!

Still having a few minor issues but i''m close to getting them fixed... Also made couple adjustments to gen string (wheel rims), comparative time... It's getting there.

Also over at FRM, you ready for this guys? Very Happy around 70% lights done!

awesome, the Audi now quick off the line as well? that was a trademark of the '96 season especially yet it always loses a spot or 2 off the line in the mod.

cannot wait for the update to be released it sounds awesome!

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next