European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» South East
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeToday at 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeToday at 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6

+66
Petrus
antoniog7772
Phillip Kruger
PeteB
raul_ninja
RemusRacing
Alonsopower
benkeat88
giaserg
Illy26
the_racer
Audidriver
brianspeake
Racingislife580
jr82
"Qny"
Renxo
GTL117
ZeroTheHero95
marki77
Jarodparker
Ares1988
euroboss78
Aram
Straightsix
ohdear
Kart99
simspeed_racing
wecfan
Cheeveer
haruo
WarBoss
angeleinma
Nebehr
Philipp3112
skeno
ChaosZero
divxx
matteo1974
oldman
bernie91
Rot Teufel
Tano
miuqana
sit997
toto090369
frederick59
sopgt7
pimmy
Alessio_F1
Bad News
alexmezza
eurostc
dbstreet
theravenousbeast
Crimson764
ernie2492
Maxellero
baika
Markano97
intelpower
ThatAudiFan
GTP_furinkazen
suti
OscarF
spottyracer
70 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 Empty Re: [RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6

Post  GTP_furinkazen 6/9/2016, 01:59

ohdear wrote:Hi, Sorry to be a pain, but does anyone find the competitiveness of the drivers erratic and askew.

I only use one set of talent files at a time but theyre always seems to be weird results compared to the pre 1.0 mod. This seems exaggerated in qualifying tbh. For instace the mark 1 Ford mondeo drivers always seem to over perform when in reality they were back markers (STW a notable example).

Ive done some testing with the BTCC 1998. And Matt Neal is always upfront, in the top 3. The Fords are never outside the top 10 and usually upfront, The peugeots are either where you expect them to be or also upfront. The Renaults barely break top 10. Peter Kox is always in the back three and so -on. There must always be at least a three second gap between him James Thompson.

Its all very strange. The BTCC 98 talent files look odd with either 1 or 2 has the QualifyingAbility. The others do not but the results still end up weird.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
simspeed_racing wrote:The talent files for BTCC were developed by Alex Coady and are different to the other series - the aim being to make the field closer and to increase the general competitiveness of the AI as a whole .   I did some testing on a variety of tracks (high speed, low speed etc  and roughly speaking the cars performed as they did in real life and although it wasn't always perfect  I didn't find the problems you speak of. Testing was done with and without talent files.  I'm not saying you are wrong but I can only go by what I found.
The physics (which were changed for the latest version) for all FWD cars are pracitically identical with only engine BHP and body drag adding variance.  There was only very  limited testing done on these changes and practically no testing was done on STW.  
Some changes to talent files that could help are  AI minimum ability increasing or decreasing where needed,  adjustments to cornering add and corning mult which in my experience makes more of a difference than race and qualifying ability.  
One other thing there is a setting in the .PLR file  Player Car Equal=   (set to 0 or 1)     I had this set to 0 whilst testing but have since changed to 1 but haven't done any running in super touring cars since then.

Alex here Wink . To answer your question OhDear it is worth noting that GTR2 in non-championship modes the game picks up whatever AI file it finds first for that driver. For example I am playing BTCC 1998 and the game will pick from the BTCC 1994 folder the talent file for Rickard Rydell as it is first alphabetically in the folder list (before BTCC 1998). In 1994 Rydell was not as competitive and so has a slower rating, so the 1998 Rydell will perform at 1994 levels. So Jason Plato will use his BTCC 1997 rating and Yvan Muller BTCC 1998, and so on.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 Empty Re: [RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6

Post  sopgt7 8/9/2016, 01:10

Thank you , great work from TOCA RD

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Soporan Vlad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sopgt7
sopgt7

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 Empty A present...

Post  GTP_furinkazen 8/9/2016, 16:18

To bring your super touring experience to even more immersive levels chaps, I present Version 2.0 of my UI mod for GTR2, a Super Touring theme.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Couple teasers of whats behind it Wink

Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  dbstreet 16/9/2016, 00:37

Toyota Chaser DONE!!

I'll never draw a Toyota again, NEVER!!!!

Diego Abel Barragan Cortese
dbstreet
dbstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 24/9/2016, 09:56

Update to 1.3 is available for testing, check the Fixes and Updates folder.

All fixes from 1.1 and 1.2 included
Toyota Chaser by DBstreet (can be found under single makes - Toyota or the test class)
Nissan Primera Camino front bumper (for Primera P11) added to genstring
Some new sounds
Physics updates
Minor updates to some models and graphical updates.
Some new wheel options for a couple of cars

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JTCC 1994-1996 added to skin pack folder.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  theravenousbeast 24/9/2016, 15:30

Cheers, will have a crack!

Nenad Kasapov

Touring car fanatic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 Empty Re: [RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.0

Post  Guest 24/9/2016, 23:40

Great addon! thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 25/9/2016, 00:12

Whoo-hooo Very Happy Cheers Simon!

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Rot Teufel 27/9/2016, 07:25

cool, i was wandering when a new update will come. Twisted Evil
thanks for keeping it update and growing cheers

Rot Teufel
Rot Teufel

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 27/9/2016, 17:05

I've just noticed that the headphysics file included with the mod is not being 'read' by the game. (Located Gamedata/Teams/Supertouring
If you have the default headphysics installed it will read that instead (Gamedata/Teams)  

The headphysics file I have included is a copy of the WTCC (Race07) version  and is different to the default GTR2 version. It makes a difference to the feel of the cars.

If you are running a seperate install for super touring just copy the file from Gamedata/Teams/Supertouring to Gamedata/Teams
If you don't want to lose the default file (as it may affect GT car feel) a longer term soluton may be to rename the file I included to ST_headphysics or something but then every super touring .CAR file will need changing.

As skin packs need editing I will make that change.

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Aram 27/9/2016, 23:19

I have problem - I can't download this mod from Mega. I downloaded all Skin Packs but I can't download the base mod and the sounds. I have "out of memory" message with the  Sounds.7z and Super Touring World Version 1.0.7z archives - and I can't complete this download (although I've tried it many times).

Btw - is there any chance for mediafire upload? I've never had any problems with mediafire downloads...

EDIT - PROBLEM SOLVED! It was a problem with download from MEGA using Firefox. I downloaded all the mod files succesfully using Avast SafeBrowser. Anyway - I leave my post in case iI anyone else will have similar problem - just try tu use another browser than Firefox.

And last but not least - THANKS A LOT FOR THIS GREAT MOD!

Aram

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 12 Empty GREAT MOD!

Post  Guest 28/9/2016, 02:20

Thank you very much for this mod!!! You make this Mod. Mod make me very happy Very Happy )))

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 19/10/2016, 15:09

Hi to all,

This is, hands down and by far the best mod I have ever tried for GTR2.
Big congrats to anyone who was part of it's conversion to GTR2, and a big big thank you for making it available.

It would just be so fun to organise a online comeptition or at least fun races Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 19/10/2016, 15:27

drax1510 wrote:Hi to all,

Big congrats to anyone who was part of it's conversion to GTR2, and a big big thank you for making it available.

It would just be so fun to organise a online comeptition or at least fun races Smile
I've asked this and just been told "convert to AMS". Sad

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 19/10/2016, 18:08

GTP_furinkazen wrote:

Well maybe if we can gather enough of us who are still too attached (or hardware lacking Razz) for GTR2, we can create a new league or championship under this forum's roof, if the guys in charge agree of course. Smile

This is just too well of a made mod not to race it on ragid edge with another human racer. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 19/10/2016, 19:25

drax1510 wrote:
GTP_furinkazen wrote:

Well maybe if we can gather enough of us who are still too attached (or hardware lacking Razz) for GTR2, we can create a new league or championship under this forum's roof, if the guys in charge agree of course. Smile

This is just too well of a made mod not to race it on ragid edge with another human racer. Very Happy
Worth noting the mod is not finished yet Wink

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 20/10/2016, 09:28

This is just too well of a made mod not to race it on ragid edge with another human racer. Very Happy[/quote]
Worth noting the mod is not finished yet Wink[/quote]

Oh my, is still in development? Can not wait to see what the final product wil be, probably better than I can imagine.
Kudos to anyone and everyone who's working and contributing to this mod.

It really is by far my most favorite addition to my favorite sim.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 24/10/2016, 17:42

Please accept my apologies if I'm totally missing something here but the Skin Packs folder at mega.nz shows up as empty so after downloading the whole mod, there are just 3 vehicles with plain skins.

I've had a browse through the topic and other simspeed_racing topics but can't find anything of assistance.

Also found the same thing with the BTCC 2001-2003 mod - skins folder seems to be empty.

Back to top Go down

Post  bernie91 24/10/2016, 18:03

StevieSX wrote:Please accept my apologies if I'm totally missing something here but the Skin Packs folder at mega.nz shows up as empty so after downloading the whole mod, there are just 3 vehicles with plain skins.

I've had a browse through the topic and other simspeed_racing topics but can't find anything of assistance.

Also found the same thing with the BTCC 2001-2003 mod - skins folder seems to be empty.

i think that they are uploading the whole updated mod, so that's why there are no skins in these days. What a Face
The BTCC 2001-2003 mod is the next thing to update.
bernie91
bernie91

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 24/10/2016, 18:06

All skins are about to be updated along with an update to the base mod so I have removed them.    A lot of cars had duplicate numbers which was fine for general racing but replays  and saved games would load the first car of that number.

I have one pack left to do and a quick test of each then it they will all be re-released.

BTCC 2001-2003 are the only season for that mod currently, future seasons may be worked on but it isn't a priority.

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 25/10/2016, 16:49

simspeed_racing wrote:All skins are about to be updated along with an update to the base mod so I have removed them.    A lot of cars had duplicate numbers which was fine for general racing but replays  and saved games would load the first car of that number.

I have one pack left to do and a quick test of each then it they will all be re-released.

BTCC 2001-2003 are the only season for that mod currently, future seasons may be worked on but it isn't a priority.

Will there be any difference physics wise or just the skins?
Also I'm in the middle of a season, if I download and install the new update, will I be able to continue my season?

Thank you very much in advance. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 25/10/2016, 18:21

Possibly not, the number change may affect your existing season. Physics wise there are quite a few changes but no HDCs have been removed so all your existing car files will find them still. I'd just not install the new version of the season you are running until you have finished.
The only other thing you might get is a graphical mismatch with some wheels - BTCC for example the Renaults all have a DDS file for the old look wheels that I have replaced in the new version with proper OZ rims.

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 26/10/2016, 11:21

simspeed_racing wrote:Possibly not, the number change may affect your existing season. Physics wise there are quite a few changes but no HDCs have been removed so all your existing car files will find them still.  I'd just not install the new version of the season you are running until you have finished.
The only other thing you might get is a graphical mismatch with some wheels - BTCC for example the Renaults all have a DDS file for the old  look wheels that I have replaced in the new version with proper OZ rims.

Thank you for your response, since there are physics and my favorite car wheel changes included, I sure will download this update, right after I finish current, '94 season.

Your hard work is very appreciated. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  euroboss78 26/10/2016, 14:01

Hi friends. How is it that the folders are empty to download?

euroboss78

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 26/10/2016, 14:36

simspeed_racing wrote:All skins are about to be updated along with an update to the base mod so I have removed them.    A lot of cars had duplicate numbers which was fine for general racing but replays  and saved games would load the first car of that number.

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next