EEC We Go Faster
Twitter
Facebook
EEC Friends


Top posters
Kalinin (10289)
 
PATR10T (9021)
 
ilu2404 (3974)
 
JorritVD (3044)
 
alexmezza (2425)
 
bmwcrash (2420)
 
Totenkopf (2281)
 
dbr93 (2234)
 
Nectaria (2058)
 
Maxellero (1594)
 


Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Go down

Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 16/5/2016, 20:02

Just wondering, with so many Le Mans tracks available for GTR2 - what would be the best one for running with the GRID mod? My system sometimes crashes with the GRID mod due to the high poly car models and trying 50-60 car grids... what would be the best Le Mans for this issue?

Also anyway of getting GTR2 to exceed more than 4gb memory usage? My laptop has 12gb RAM so to have GTR2 only using 4gb seems like a waste.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
GTP_furinkazen

Posts : 577
Join date : 2015-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Blackburn

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  Jarodparker on 16/5/2016, 20:08

You have Le mans 1.3 ? It's the version I like the much but I have the same problem with the same mod lol ... But my computer is very low I play in 800*600 and my computer crash after 40-42 car from grid and 50 with the supertouring mod.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lionel OCHE/FRA
avatar
Jarodparker

Posts : 256
Join date : 2015-08-16
Age : 33
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 16/5/2016, 21:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You have Le mans 1.3 ? It's the version I like the much but I have the same problem with the same mod lol ... But my computer is very low I play in 800*600 and my computer crash after 40-42 car from grid and 50 with the supertouring mod.

You just gave me an idea...

scratch scratchin

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
GTP_furinkazen

Posts : 577
Join date : 2015-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Blackburn

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  raphaelnariga on 17/5/2016, 00:31

You can try the Lemans version by rainmaker, it's better for your case.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Just wondering, with so many Le Mans tracks available for GTR2 - what would be the best one for running with the GRID mod? My system sometimes crashes with the GRID mod due to the high poly car models and trying 50-60 car grids... what would be the best Le Mans for this issue?

Also anyway of getting GTR2 to exceed more than 4gb memory usage? My laptop has 12gb RAM so to have GTR2 only using 4gb seems like a waste.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Raphael Oliveira  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
raphaelnariga

Posts : 409
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 32
Location : ES / Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/raphaelanriga

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  gtracer123 on 17/5/2016, 05:29

You can also try the Le Mans 24 Hours revived edition available at NoGrip. The layout is not the same as of todays but very similar and It's a very friendly fps track according to me as I use it most of the time because it is accurate in terms of my racing style. The track can handle 66 cars in pits qualifying so the race shouldn't be a problem much with DNFs. If many DNFs try changing the Attrition value to 0 in the tracks gdb file, in my case it reduces the amounts of them. Track can also run for 103 cars for fantasy racing Razz
I have the 4GB patch applied which helps. My system is i7-3770 @ 3.4Ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 16 GB RAM 1600Mhz. I get 30-50 fps with many cars around at the start then it gets higher and higher as the race goes on and AI begin to build gaps. As for the 4GB memory, GTR2 by default uses 2GB then by applying the 4GB patch it will use 3 to 4 and that's the maximum it can use from what I know of.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
gtracer123

Posts : 687
Join date : 2013-10-22
Age : 23
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  Crimson764 on 17/5/2016, 12:23

Even with the 4GB patch installed, 4GB of RAM is always the maximum. (2GB w/o it.) For the track, any of what anyone has suggested are good for lower-end PC's. However, the GRID mod itself is not very optimised. So if you find it lagging in places, it's probably the mod not the track.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Crimson764

Posts : 1552
Join date : 2012-05-16
Age : 23
Location : Devon, England

http://nfs2010.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  Jarodparker on 17/5/2016, 13:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You have Le mans 1.3 ? It's the version I like the much but I have the same problem with the same mod lol ... But my computer is very low I play in 800*600 and my computer crash after 40-42 car from grid and 50 with the supertouring mod.

You just gave me an idea...

scratch scratchin

What is your idea ?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lionel OCHE/FRA
avatar
Jarodparker

Posts : 256
Join date : 2015-08-16
Age : 33
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  monitorjorge on 17/5/2016, 16:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You can also try the Le Mans 24 Hours revived edition available at NoGrip. The layout is not the same as of todays but very similar and It's a very friendly fps track according to me as I use it most of the time because it is accurate in terms of my racing style. The track can handle 66 cars in pits qualifying so the race shouldn't be a problem much with DNFs. If many DNFs try changing the Attrition value to 0 in the tracks gdb file, in my case it reduces the amounts of them. Track can also run for 103 cars for fantasy racing Razz
I have the 4GB patch applied which helps. My system is i7-3770 @ 3.4Ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 16 GB RAM 1600Mhz. I get 30-50 fps with many cars around at the start then it gets higher and higher as the race goes on and AI begin to build gaps. As for the 4GB memory, GTR2 by default uses 2GB then by applying the 4GB patch it will use 3 to 4 and that's the maximum it can use from what I know of.

So, i'm thinking about update my system ram from 8 to 16gb because my vln races supports only 74~75 cars before crash with runtime... maybe can be the video memory or RAM?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jorge Barros
| SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PHENOM IIX6 1090T | 8GB CORSAIR FATALITY | RADEON HD6970 2GB GDDR5 |
avatar
monitorjorge

Posts : 105
Join date : 2012-09-20
Age : 33
Location : Sao Paulo, Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  gtracer123 on 18/5/2016, 00:14

I really don't get much CTDs during my races, most of my races are always 2h-3h long. I don't know what causes runtimes but in my opinion 8GB RAM is damn enough for GTR2 since it doesn't go over 4GB usage so 16GB might help little or a lot or not even at all, I can't tell. In my VLN races, I race with 102 cars with ilu2404's Nurburgring track. But again overall it's good to have a boost balance in all because I think GTR2 needs processor, graphical and memory. I have these specs so I could fly in FS2004 as well, that sim requires many Ghz for good experience flight times. By the way for the RAM, most DDR3 RAM are @ 1333Mhz, 1600Mhz is the spec to have for DDR3. I also run my races often with 1 core, I always forget to alt tab to set affinity to all cores which then boosts fps by 50-200+

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
gtracer123

Posts : 687
Join date : 2013-10-22
Age : 23
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  monitorjorge on 18/5/2016, 12:42

102 Cars, nice! my dream!

i will look for that core configuration, maybe can help-me. i post the results.

thanks for now Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jorge Barros
| SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PHENOM IIX6 1090T | 8GB CORSAIR FATALITY | RADEON HD6970 2GB GDDR5 |
avatar
monitorjorge

Posts : 105
Join date : 2012-09-20
Age : 33
Location : Sao Paulo, Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  theravenousbeast on 9/7/2016, 23:24

Also useful to set the affinity in Task Manager to multiple cores. I forgot to do that in my latest GTR2 install and was wondering where did my usual FPS go :p

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nenad Kasapov

Touring car fanatic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My YT channel
avatar
theravenousbeast

Posts : 209
Join date : 2014-06-13
Age : 25
Location : Macedonia

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 12/7/2016, 14:21

Le Mans 2016 is at NoGrip. Excellent track (an update of 2009) but not very well packed. 500mb unpacked, I've got mine down to 150mb without deleting anything... written to track author asking if he gives permission for me to do a lower res version for less powerful systems.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
GTP_furinkazen

Posts : 577
Join date : 2015-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Blackburn

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  srcarvalho on 13/7/2016, 03:24

so, this Le Mans track update is from you?!?!?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sérgio Carvalho

srcarvalho

Posts : 570
Join date : 2012-10-04
Age : 51
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 14/7/2016, 02:00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:so, this Le Mans track update is from you?!?!?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No. But I have asked the person who made it if I can do a "lite" version of it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
GTP_furinkazen

Posts : 577
Join date : 2015-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Blackburn

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  srcarvalho on 14/7/2016, 02:43

this version was posted over racedepartment

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sérgio Carvalho

srcarvalho

Posts : 570
Join date : 2012-10-04
Age : 51
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Le Mans for Low-Mid End system? 4gb problems...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum