Twitter
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

Reiza

Overtake Motorsport
Top posters
Kalinin (10328)
Absolute Can-Am by the Absolute Modding Team - Page 4 I_vote_lcapAbsolute Can-Am by the Absolute Modding Team - Page 4 I_voting_barAbsolute Can-Am by the Absolute Modding Team - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
PATR10T (9023)
Absolute Can-Am by the Absolute Modding Team - Page 4 I_vote_lcapAbsolute Can-Am by the Absolute Modding Team - Page 4 I_voting_barAbsolute Can-Am by the Absolute Modding Team - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
ilu2404 (3974)
JorritVD (3048)
alexmezza (2598)
bmwcrash (2420)
Totenkopf (2281)
dbr93 (2246)
Nectaria (2058)
Maxellero (1816)

Absolute Can-Am by the Absolute Modding Team

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Absolute Can-Am by the Absolute Modding Team - Page 4 Empty Re: Absolute Can-Am by the Absolute Modding Team

Post  humpmedumpme on 15/1/2019, 04:20

Thanks for the kind words! As for the Seasons files, it's really quite simple. Also, it depends on how you have the files arranged. Personally,  I have the Seasons folders in a separate location and have 2 Windows Explorer windows open. 1 set to the Seasons folders and the other to where the Can-Am files are. If in a Championship I simply tab out after a race ends and before starting the next race. Then go to the Explorer with the Season file/track folder and copy those folders and then paste and overwrite and then bingo, off to the next race.

If only running single races then it's the same procedure. What truly matters is that the correct hdc is loaded as it will use the correct tyr file. I tailored each tyr to each track so as to always have the tires working at their best...loss of realism I guess but far more fun to thrash on the cars and go fast lol.

Are you trying all the cars or only certain cars? I ask as again, not exactly realistic but, I made it possible to use a lesser car and still have a shot at top 3.

What is most important aside from having the correct hdc files loaded is to set them up always. I make the default have proper gearing but after that its strictly for the ai to work well. For instance the brake bias default is too far forward and prone to locking up the front tires under hard braking...plus the heating will be off. The ai crashes more often than not if the don't have that more front biased setting. With a good setup you can probably go 2 seconds per lap faster than merely using the default.

If you have any questions by all means pm me and I'll help.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Phil Jones aka hmmguy
A recent survey showed 10 out of 9 people suck at math  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
humpmedumpme
humpmedumpme

Back to top Go down

Absolute Can-Am by the Absolute Modding Team - Page 4 Empty Re: Absolute Can-Am by the Absolute Modding Team

Post  Jpanzer on 15/1/2019, 19:43

I agree with you on the setup. I often joke to myself that GTR2 is a hot lap sim, because I spend the majority of my time setting up the car and trying to improve lap times. But once you have it dialed it, you're right. it makes a huge difference. I've actually been trying a variety of the cars in the mod. That's one aspect I truly enjoy, the fact that you can be competitive in any car. I'll keep plugging along with the seasons files. Should be old hat after a while. Thanks for your kind offer of help. I might just contact you if I run into any issues!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Jpanzer

Back to top Go down

Post  humpmedumpme on 15/1/2019, 19:54

That's awesome! I couldn't agree more about the hot lapping. Frankly I'm surprised how many folks don't use the Time Trial mode. I love it and always have. No better way to learn the fastest route around a track than racing your own ghost.

Antonio had 1 stipulation regarding me remaking his original CanAm mod and that was that all the cars be competitive otherwise folks would generally only use the McLarens given how dominant they were...no point in using a guaranteed back-marker lol

Phil Jones aka hmmguy
A recent survey showed 10 out of 9 people suck at math  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
humpmedumpme
humpmedumpme

Back to top Go down

Post  repaban on 16/1/2019, 00:16

Amazing,yhank you guys

Guy Reppert
repaban
repaban

Back to top Go down

Post  humpmedumpme on 16/1/2019, 00:22

Yvw Guy. Also, I'd like to point out that some of the tracks included are light years better versions than any others. Road Atlanta 70, Mosport67 and Donnybrook are vastly improved for pits capacity and how well the ai run. Also, I think it may also be the only version of Laguna Seca available for GTR2 that runs the old layout. The only track unavailable for any sim was Michigan Road Course.

Phil Jones aka hmmguy
humpmedumpme
humpmedumpme

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4