European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Greeting from NL I_icon_minitimeToday at 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Greeting from NL I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Greeting from NL I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Greeting from NL I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Greeting from NL I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
Greeting from NL I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
Greeting from NL I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
Greeting from NL I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

» Greetings from Australia!
Greeting from NL I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:28 by Aushtin

Greeting from NL

5 posters

Go down

Greeting from NL Empty Greeting from NL

Post  MeqTrader 1/11/2015, 19:34

Hi,

my name is Andreas van Wingerden, 43, from the Netherlands. The Sims I drive most are: GTR2, Stock Car Exteme and rFactor 2 altough I also own most other sim games (R3E, Race'07, AC, pCars, iRacing, Dirt Rally, rFactor). I came across the EEC team since I am facinated by endurance races (still planning on riding one with a mate) and found youtube video's of the EEC mod for GTR2. Altough I have tried different online races (iRacing, Club racing) I find that I need to practice more since both my pace and consistency are miles off. This is I believe also caused by the fact that there are soo many good sims around with good content that is causing me not to apply much focus. Since I am getting married (for the second time) in April of 2016, have a 11-year old son and a job as a manager of a large software vendor (Citrix) sundays might look like the perfect night to participate in online racing once I find I have the pace and consistency. However the challange perhaps is also that I am more a sim driver rather than a sim racer, in other words: I care much for the immersion when it comes to designing my sim. As such I have dabled with projection with NVidia 3D, Oculus and currently am on tripple screen. I have not done a propper mod altough I do a lot of tweaking when it comes to cockpit camera's, grinding tranny mod for applicable cars but not much more. The question if I am here to just grab the mods and than fly away again depends on the community present. Beeing a 43 year old male, with a bussy work schedule and a family to entertain I do not need drama in my "hobby time", I've spend a good year as a GuildMaster of a mature WoW guild which has given me enough drame in my hobby time for a life time as far as I am concerned. Limited mod access, hmm, altough I understand the question and see where this might have erupted (I always do research about a website before I apply), I feel it is never good for the community if there's multiple levels of access unless strictly regulated and with the right guidelines making it open and transparent for all to see what one could do to attain the next step. Be that donations (I don't mind payware as long as it's good), race participation or other things any member could do or attain. If there is a grey area or a feeling of "mortals vs gods" I feel that in the long run this only hurts the community since this will cause friction.

I think that leaves me with formally answering the question on "Please, write a few words about you (hobbies, sports, job, etc)" but reading the wall of text above I think I have answered most accept for sports (none) and hobbies. Well next to simracing I do not have much free time left. I do enjoy taking photo's, dabble with computers and try to read books.

I believe that covers it all now and I hope to see you around

Last edited by MeqTrader on 2/11/2015, 06:49; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : missed a few topics)

MeqTrader

Back to top Go down

Greeting from NL Empty Re: Greeting from NL

Post  alexmezza 1/11/2015, 22:38

Hi Andreas... Wink

Look here, please : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alexandre Mezzacasa  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
alexmezza
alexmezza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/11/2015, 15:16

Ah brilliant more Dutch people! It's like an invasion this weekend Wink Welcome and enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/11/2015, 15:19

Welcome here thumps up

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatAudiFan 2/11/2015, 15:24

Hell yeah, we're taking over!! Twisted Evil lol!
All joking aside, welcome Andreas!! I believe you're in the right place judging from your presentation Wink

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Harm Roelofs
ThatAudiFan
ThatAudiFan

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 4/11/2015, 23:19

Hi, and welcome.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Lmp900 5/11/2015, 05:19

Welcome to EEC!

To finish first, you must first finish.

Matthew Cavanaugh
Lmp900
Lmp900

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/11/2015, 19:15

Welcome to EEC Andreas Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content