Twitter
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

Reiza

Overtake Motorsport
Top posters
Kalinin (10331)
Tour de France I_vote_lcapTour de France I_voting_barTour de France I_vote_rcap 
PATR10T (9025)
ilu2404 (3974)
JorritVD (3048)
alexmezza (2649)
bmwcrash (2420)
Totenkopf (2281)
dbr93 (2246)
Nectaria (2058)
Maxellero (1829)

Tour de France

Go down

Tour de France Empty Tour de France

Post  dodge33cymru on 30/6/2012, 17:31

Anyone interested?

I normally associate Liege with a place I stop en route to Spa, so strange seeing it as the scene of the prologue today. Lesson of the day; never, ever bet against Cancellara in a time trial! Bit of a motorsport theme tomorrow as I think they go through Francorchamps, but I can't wait for the mountain stages to roll around...

(Also, good to see James Richardson presenting the British Eurosport coverage, excellent TV presenter, wish he was still doing football.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rodger Davies  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @rodger_davies
dodge33cymru
dodge33cymru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tour de France Empty Re: Tour de France

Post  Racingheaven on 30/6/2012, 17:50

intrested, you bet!

I'm not going to miss much of the Tour of France. I always try to take my time off from work during the Tour...

and no, it's no coincidence that our son is named Fabian :-)

Awfully nice to see him race towards victory, while the other Fabian is speeding around his activity table at seven months and a fe days :-)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Dirk Willemen
Racingheaven
Racingheaven

Back to top Go down

Post  Nectaria on 1/7/2012, 08:13

I normally follow the big guidelines as cycling isn't a sport I follow. However the mountain stages cause of the sheer impact it has and the views you get are things I like to follow. I remember they climb the Mount Ventoux in an hour, while it took me half a day (ok it was a on a mountainbike, but still). Has anyone else climbed it?

However, I'll be on holidays most of the time so I won't see it much.

Koen Verlinde
3RD PLACE PRO CUP GT MASTERS 2012-2013 Mercedes SLS
5TH PLACE PRO CUP ENDURANCE SERIES 2012-2013 Ferrari F430
3RD PLACE WTCC 2013 BMW 320si
3RD PLACE LMP2 WEC 2013-2014 ORECA 03
1ST PLACE GT OPEN GTE 2013-2014 JAGUAR XKR
5TH PLACE SUPER V8 - HOLDEN COMMODORE 2016

4TH PLACE LMS - Oreca 03 LMP2 2016
1ST PLACE GT Series Am cup and Sprint Am Cup 2016-2017 BMW M6
2ND PLACE GTE Class - LMS 2016-2017 Ferrari F488
1ST PLACE GT America Series Silver Cup and Endurance Silver cup 2017 BMW M6

Nectaria
Nectaria

Back to top Go down

Post  marneus_the_boss on 1/7/2012, 13:48

Each year, i watch with my grand dad all the tour de France during holidays.
Sadly with Le Mans classic i miss the first week this year.

Pierre-Antoine PETIT [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
marneus_the_boss
marneus_the_boss

Back to top Go down

Post  dodge33cymru on 3/7/2012, 21:56

where did this Sagan guy come from, anyone got any background? I haven't seen much of this year's smaller tours and classics, pretty much only seen the Giro in 2012 (still can't believe they ride the Stelvio.....).

Rodger Davies  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @rodger_davies
dodge33cymru
dodge33cymru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Racingheaven on 3/7/2012, 22:47

He has won several stages in the Tour of California and the Tour of Switzerland, took top rankings in Milan-San Remo, Tour of Flanders, Amstel Gold Race etc...

He is with 22 years the coming man and is probably going to dominate cycling in the following years... if he stays of the boose, cause I heard today that he is not only fantastic on a bike but also with glasses of beer ;-)

And I just hope he keeps his feet on the ground, because making a fool of your adversaries is something you don't do as a real champion. Especially when you refuse to take the lead in the last kilometre...

but I admit, he is a great cyclist already at 22.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Dirk Willemen
Racingheaven
Racingheaven

Back to top Go down

Post  dodge33cymru on 3/7/2012, 23:38

have learned not to judge young cyclists on one year - lots of the big names now weren't the biggest prospects as youngsters and a lot of the younger ones with one good year fail to replicate it; just look at Cunego

am trying to catch up on the highlights of some of the classics i've missed

dodge33cymru
dodge33cymru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Racingheaven on 4/7/2012, 08:25

You are absolutely right about those young guns promising things the never live up to in the next years. But they usually have one impressing year, when the have their first season amongst the pro's, but Sagan was already impressive last year and even the year before. In 2010, as a 19 year old, he already won stages in Paris-Nice. So the change he will be a 'one season wonder' is very small in my opinion.

Last year they were already saying that he was the only one who would have been able to beat Philippe Gilbert in some of the races Gilbert won. Sagan is almost unbeatable on a finish like yesterday in Boulogne-sur-Mère. And as he takes on climbs much easier than most other sprinters, he is also a big favorite for the green jersey. Although Cavendish and a few others are faster then him in a flat sprint.

Racingheaven
Racingheaven

Back to top Go down

Post  dodge33cymru on 9/7/2012, 20:10

wasn't expecting that of Wiggins and Froome today......

Real lack of inspiring mountain stages this year, so will be interesting to see if any time differences open up between the favourites in the Alps.

dodge33cymru
dodge33cymru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hemisfear68 on 9/7/2012, 20:28

I think its something wierd about that performance from mr Wiggins. I mean he took 35s from his team mate and 1 min from Cancellara... I don't know how to put it then to say that imho they've gone a tad on the illegal side. Yea, might not be true. It might just be that those 2 guys that team sky lined up are extraodinary sportsmen but I still have some doubts about it. we'll see how stuff moves on in tdf. cheers

Mihai Fira [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hemisfear68
Hemisfear68

http://www.dscollection.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nectaria on 9/7/2012, 21:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:wasn't expecting that of Wiggins and Froome today......

Real lack of inspiring mountain stages this year, so will be interesting to see if any time differences open up between the favourites in the Alps.

Glad someone else thinks the same about the moutain stages this year. It's basically the only thing that interests me as I know shit about cycling in general, but compared to previous years it all seems a bit...do I dare to say easy?

Koen Verlinde
3RD PLACE PRO CUP GT MASTERS 2012-2013 Mercedes SLS
5TH PLACE PRO CUP ENDURANCE SERIES 2012-2013 Ferrari F430
3RD PLACE WTCC 2013 BMW 320si
3RD PLACE LMP2 WEC 2013-2014 ORECA 03
1ST PLACE GT OPEN GTE 2013-2014 JAGUAR XKR
5TH PLACE SUPER V8 - HOLDEN COMMODORE 2016

4TH PLACE LMS - Oreca 03 LMP2 2016
1ST PLACE GT Series Am cup and Sprint Am Cup 2016-2017 BMW M6
2ND PLACE GTE Class - LMS 2016-2017 Ferrari F488
1ST PLACE GT America Series Silver Cup and Endurance Silver cup 2017 BMW M6

Nectaria
Nectaria

Back to top Go down

Post  dodge33cymru on 11/7/2012, 00:38

haha, i was trying so hard not to use the word 'easy'! But yes, take a look at the Giro's route this year...

dodge33cymru
dodge33cymru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down