European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Having runtime errors? This may help! I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Having runtime errors? This may help! I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Having runtime errors? This may help! I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Having runtime errors? This may help! I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Having runtime errors? This may help! I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Having runtime errors? This may help! I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Having runtime errors? This may help! I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
Having runtime errors? This may help! I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
Having runtime errors? This may help! I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

Having runtime errors? This may help!

3 posters

Go down

Having runtime errors? This may help! Empty Having runtime errors? This may help!

Post  Scotty 29/1/2015, 20:06

If you run GTR2 with very high or maxed out graphics settings this may help prevent you from recieving runtime errors that crash the game. This is related to memory usage on 64-bit systems.

First, be sure you have the 4GB patch. Run the executable and then direct it to your GTR2.exe file.

If this isn't enough, you may want to try CFF Explorer. Get it here (external link). The way to get it working is below.

Instructions on how to use it:
Download and install "CFF Explorer", open with it the file "GTR2.exe" (it should appear "open with CFF explorer" if you right click on GTR2.exe) go to "file header" -> "click here" -> "app can handle >2GB address space" -> "OK". Then, save and overwrite the original file.

I have not used it myself so i cannot answer questions on CFF Explorer. But i know this worked for several people so far.

Hope this helps if you are having trouble with runtime errors!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Alex Scott

First EEC win: TCC S2R5 Killarney Race 2, 25/5/14
Latest EEC win: LMS S2R3 Silverstone, 15/3/15
Scotty
Scotty

http://www.unitedracersleague.com

Back to top Go down

Having runtime errors? This may help! Empty Re: Having runtime errors? This may help!

Post  Audidriver 30/1/2015, 09:53

when i drive my self i had never runtime error. When I let drive the AI Co-Pilot with button "i" I never had a runtime error.

BUT: When I let drive the AI over the board at Pitstop and he drives more like an hour i had often runtime error.

I don´t know why. And this error come at my old PC. With the new PC i don´t test it.

Mal noch kurz auf Deutsch:
Ich bekommen die Runtime Error nur wenn ich über die Abfragetafel beim Boxenstop die KI rausschicke. Wenn der dann länger als ne Std. fährt kommt irgendwann der CTD mit der Error Meldung.

MAche ich hingegen den Boxenstop, fahre selbst aus der Box und aktiviere die KI über die Taste "i" passiert das nicht. Selbst wenn die KI dann 5 Std. am Stück fährt.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Marc Arens [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No Online Races but ca. 140.000km offline Racing since 2006
Audidriver
Audidriver

Back to top Go down

Having runtime errors? This may help! Empty Re: Having runtime errors? This may help!

Post  harvestmouse 20/2/2015, 21:35

Have you installed either of those though? On my 64 bit 4 whatsit, I can't run more than 42 bpr cars without a runtime error, unless I install either of those.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Audidriver 30/3/2015, 11:13

harvestmouse wrote:Have you installed either of those though?  On my 64 bit 4 whatsit, I can't run more than 42 bpr cars without a runtime error, unless I install either of those.

yesterday I run at Daytona (42 cars) with DP, LMP2, GTE´s and GT3 cars and i had also a CTD Runtime Error. The game runs fine, (many fps and Ram usage was also OK) but when i go to Box or timetable it causes a CTD.

Then I remove one DP and a GT3 and the game runs fine. No CTD, even when i go to box or timetable.

I think some cars causes this Runtime Error. The problem is to find out what car causes the CTD.

Audidriver
Audidriver

Back to top Go down

Post  Audidriver 31/7/2015, 09:39

yesterday I had this problem again. EEC Nordschleife with 61 cars. Many different cars, some standart GTR2 cars, many GT3 from Shift, some from AC and some from Pcars and also some different mods like M3 GT4, Elise, RS4 etc.

Framerate is at 85-210 FPS, Ram is also not a problem. For shure I use the 4 GB Patch.

The problem is when i run some laps and press Esc for going to pits I get a CTD. Then I ban some cars (3 or 4) and the game runs fine. I can go to Pit for setup or timetable but when I want to leave the game and i push the button for going to Main Menu i became a CTD again.

I have abolut no idea what car or something else cause this CTD. All Ai cars run fine and I can run many laps withoup a problem but when pushing Esc in race and press "back to Pits" I get this CTD.

Could it be a problem that i use GTR2 at my SSD and not at the standart main HDD?

Audidriver
Audidriver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2015, 16:36

I have just experienced this issue over the past few days I am running windows 7,I have turned down my graphic settings.

What is the 4GB patch you are referring to in your first post?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2015, 17:13

Forsythracing wrote:I have just experienced this issue over the past few days I am running windows 7,I have turned down my graphic settings.

What is the 4GB patch you are referring to in your first post?  
GTR2 can use max 2gb of RAm memory but it easly go above it so you need the 4GB patch to allow it to use more (you also need a 64bit windows).

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down