European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Hello from Virginia in the USA I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Hello from Virginia in the USA I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Hello from Virginia in the USA I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Hello from Virginia in the USA I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Hello from Virginia in the USA I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Hello from Virginia in the USA I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Hello from Virginia in the USA I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
Hello from Virginia in the USA I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
Hello from Virginia in the USA I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

Hello from Virginia in the USA

5 posters

Go down

Hello from Virginia in the USA Empty Hello from Virginia in the USA

Post  Guest 13/1/2015, 18:26

Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my introduction.  What a wonderful web site, full of racing fans who appreciate the sport so much they take the time to share it with other fans across the world through the awesome vehicle of GTR2.  I can't believe I've just found you!  I look forward to learning and sharing with everyone and hope to enjoy your company.
What's your real name, age?
    My name is Paul DeClercq.  I'm 52 and when driving GTR2 feel half my age.
From where you are?
    I was born in Michigan in the USA but relocated around the United States during my service in the US Navy for 30 years.  I've settled in Virginia right now.
Which Sim games do you play?
    GTR2, MS Flight Simulator 9 (2004) and Orbiter Space Flight Sim
How did You know about EEC Team?
    Web search.  I'm a member on a couple other forums (most reviewed and enjoyed so far: Trackaholics).  
Do you ever race online?
    I haven't raced online yet but would definitely like to do so.  I actually joined another site (NAGP) with the sole intention of racing online.  But they have a strict policy that online racing must be conducted with a wheel and pedals.  I don't have that equipment and do not have the space in my office to set it up (I use my PC for work) so I was out of luck there.  I've run GTR2 with a trusty joystick for years and continue to do so for my own enjoyment.  I think racing online would be tremendously rewarding (regardless of where I finish) and look forward to it.  
Do you have enough free time to run on sundays? (Only important if you want to drive online)
    Sure, I'll make the time.
Do you know something about modding, skinning?
    I've done some modding for Orbiter Space Flight Sim (full mods).  In FS2004 and CFS2 I've done skins and air/DP files.  GTR2 I've done some skins for my own use (I'm pretty limited in my software - GIMP).  I have a lot of time invested in GTR2 .hdc and associated car files as well as the driver .rcd files trying to make the game more realistic from the stock game.  I've had fun with several AI mods around the net trying to do that and even setup some car sets and mods with Championship files to run fictional full seasons.
Any problem for you if we give access only for some Mods?
    I understand the concerns with grab and go folks.  So much work goes into a mod (like the ones I did for Orbiter) and folks sometimes take them and run, worse they claim some of your work as theirs.  However I would appreciate full access to the mods available on the site.  I understand if that is a gradual process.
Are you here only to grab mods and then leave us?
    Absolutely not.  Even if online racing doesn't work (computer issues or whatever) I'd like to enjoy and pass on appreciation for the hard work you've put into the art work you share.  And I'd like to learn new things and contribute what I can even if it's a small collaborative thing like researching HDC data or testing some beta mods.
Please, write a few words about you (hobbies, sports, job, etc):
    I retired from the US Navy in 2011 after 30 years of service.  I was lucky to serve in Submarines, Aviation and Ships travelling all over the world.  I deployed 15 times during my career.  4 of those were combat deployments.  I've been a hardcore race fan all my life and even enjoyed some SCCA racing in my teens and early 20's in my home state of Michigan.  Now having said that, it's not easy to be a fan of road racing here in the heart of NASCAR country.  I try each year to make it down to the 24 hours of Daytona.  My passions have been F1, IMSA, and Lemans.  I'm really looking forward to more Blancpain and Pirelli World Challenge racing TV coverage this year in the states (hope!).  I think the best racing right now in the world is from these two series along with Continental Tire.  I love GT racing but you will always find me in front of the TV for each F1 race.  My other hobbies include competitive shooting, golf, and I'm just getting into fly fishing.  

Again, thanks for reading my introduction.  I look forward to meeting you and enjoying the hard work you've put into these little pieces of artwork that we call Mods.  And I'm hoping to contribute what I can to this great hobby.

Sincerely,
Paul DeClercq
aka decpau

Back to top Go down

Hello from Virginia in the USA Empty Re: Hello from Virginia in the USA

Post  Guest 13/1/2015, 23:06

Welcome bro. Always great to see people that want to race online Smile
We do not ask people to drive with wheel and pedals here, as long as you can keep your car on the track and be fair to others around you you can race.
I drive on keyboard and still have a lot of fun.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 14/1/2015, 16:21

Welcome to the community Mr. Paul,

i have to say this is one of the kindest and most beautifully written presentation i've ever read here on the forum. As Will said, we don't have an as strict policy about online racing as NAGP does. You can use either your joystick, a keyboard, or even just an optical mouse for the races, the purpose of it is to have fun after all . I hope you find satisfaction in our leagues, you'll be able to check them out when you reach 10 reputation points.

Enjoy your time on the forum,

Andris

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 14/1/2015, 21:17

Great Presentation thumps up

Welcome to EEC Paul Smile

Back to top Go down

Hello from Virginia in the USA Empty Much appreciated!!

Post  Guest 14/1/2015, 21:25

Will and Landris,  Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Is there a forum topic dealing with setting up to race online?  If either of you could point me in the right direction to setup my system I'd really appreciate it.  I currently run Win 7 64 bit.  I have version 1.0 running with the no-cd and unlock patches.  I do have a 1.1 patch, a lobby patch, an online functionality patch (OFP) and the  1.1 no dvd patch in my GTR2 files.  I'm just not sure what is need within the community here or how to get started setting up my system.  Always good to learn new things.
I need to look into the reputation points in the next few days as well as I get acquainted with the site.  Lots of great posts here!
Thanks again guys
Sincerely,
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 14/1/2015, 21:51

If you have all this you are good to go. Just a few modifications on the plr file are needed. But you can see the thread once you get approved by other members. You'll then be able to see online leagues as well. Don't be afraid of doing questions on them
Just please add your real name to your signature.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lmp900 15/1/2015, 02:48

Welcome to the community Paul! Thank you for your service. thumps up

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To finish first, you must first finish.

Matthew Cavanaugh
Lmp900
Lmp900

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 15/1/2015, 12:19

Hello Paul, and welcome.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Hello from Virginia in the USA Empty Thanks

Post  Guest 15/1/2015, 17:14

Matt, Lee,
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Will,
I'm looking for right sized avatar and signature pics and will get that done as soon as possible.  Thanks for the tech input for on-line racing.  That's a relief.
Sincerely,
Paul
aka decpau

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 15/1/2015, 18:11

At least insert your full name in the signature, you need it for full access. The details you adjust later Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmezza 15/1/2015, 18:38

Hi Paul, and welcome to EEC... thumbs

Alexandre Mezzacasa  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
alexmezza
alexmezza

Back to top Go down

Hello from Virginia in the USA Empty Signature

Post  Guest 15/1/2015, 19:50

Alex, thanks buddy.
Will, I figured it out. Very Happy   Old dog and computers...  Thanks for the guidance!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigers 15/1/2015, 23:35

Welcome to EEC, Paul.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Regis Lins
Sigers
Sigers

Back to top Go down

Hello from Virginia in the USA Empty Thanks for the warm welcome

Post  Guest 18/1/2015, 17:40

Regis, thanks.
To the moderators and administrators I extend my thanks as well for the warm welcome and access to the full site.  The next few weeks will be fun as I explore the site and figure out how to race online and see what I can offer to this terrific community.
Sincerely
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  dodge33cymru 19/10/2017, 20:49

Hi Paul, a belated welcome aboard Wink

Rodger Davies  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @rodger_davies
dodge33cymru
dodge33cymru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum