European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Bye Bye Simbin I_icon_minitimeToday at 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Bye Bye Simbin I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Bye Bye Simbin I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Bye Bye Simbin I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Bye Bye Simbin I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
Bye Bye Simbin I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
Bye Bye Simbin I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
Bye Bye Simbin I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

» Greetings from Australia!
Bye Bye Simbin I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:28 by Aushtin

Bye Bye Simbin

+2
khan1670
PATR10T
6 posters

Go down

Bye Bye Simbin Empty Bye Bye Simbin

Post  Guest 30/7/2014, 16:30

Simbin Studios To Shut Down *Updated*

Troubling news are coming in from Sweden as Simbin Studios AB, long-time producer of sim racing titles, is apparently bankrupt and going out of business.

The sad news has been confirmed by former Simbin employee AnneSofie W. Madsen on Facebook.

As confirmed by AnneSofie, RaceRoom Racing Experience is planned to “continue in another setting”, the fact that staff has been laid off indicates that the new outfit will undergo some serious restructuring.

Simbin’s long history goes back to the F1 2001 days when the Simbin Development Team started producing professional-grade mods for Image Space Incorporated’s Formula One title. Led by Ian Bell, the group went the professional route shortly after, producing the first GTR title as well as the still-popular GT Legends.

When Bell and most of the core team split to form Blimey Games and, a few years later, Slightly Mad Studios, Simbin continued from their base in Sweden, producing the RACE series and other touring-car themed titles such as the STCC series.

The company seemed to have been in financial troubles several times during the past years according to various news reports, Simbin still seemed to be in good spirits, announcing a ADAC GT Masters title run alongside their RaceRoom Racing Experience and DTM Experience titles.

The studio also employed plenty of household community names such as 6e66o, Com8 and feels3, always giving talented modders the chance to turn their passion into a profession. Hopefully all of Simbin’s employees that have lost their jobs will find a new position within the industry soon!

Update: Simbin’s Jay Ekkel has shared some additional info right here on VirtualR:

The actual story in short is this:

“New studio, new location, new name, (almost) the same team. Be ensured that all development on the project will continue.

More interesting news to follow soon!”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Bye Bye Simbin Empty Re: Bye Bye Simbin

Post  PATR10T 30/7/2014, 16:47

you all know nelson? ha ha!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 30/7/2014, 18:23

They are just restructuring. This market is small, wouldn't surprise me if they had to end

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 31/7/2014, 04:53

Ironically they would've been in better shape if they stayed with gMotor to the end. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  khan1670 31/7/2014, 05:13

Seems they are trying to be another version of iracing , but are only appealing to a smaller market.

Like it or not, the Nascar part of iracing has big appeal especially in the US, while their road cars & series
would be more popular elsewhere.

The cars and series in RRE are less known to the casual racer in the North America, so it's not going to do nearly as well.

They may have been better off sticking to their old model.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kevin Hauer
khan1670
khan1670

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 31/7/2014, 06:45

khan1670 wrote:Seems they are trying to be another version of iracing , but are only appealing to a smaller market.

If that's true, good riddance... Simracing doesn't need another iRacing.

Back to top Go down

Post  dodge33cymru 1/8/2014, 20:22

difficult one to judge - I really hope they're not gone for good, as R3E was on the verge of becoming a good game and a genuine sequel to the Race series, if they complete their ADAC GT Masters, DTM 2014 and WTCC packs on that engine. Going for the business model they did was clearly a mistake, but they presumably felt it was necessary to fund their work on the actual games in the series, but have narrowly failed. Personally, I think the catalogue of R3E DLC would be ideal as optional add-ons for each of those packs, but it's not enough for a standalone - the other main thing is multiplayer has only just been introduced and there is still no option to run an offline race or championship.

This should be a bit of a warning for us as the community though - with the number of WIP projects that are now being sold as pre-v1.0, including AC, there is a risk of this fate befalling others; their potential market having invested their money in the game before its completion and there being no-one left to back it up when the 'final' product is ready.

Rodger Davies  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @rodger_davies
dodge33cymru
dodge33cymru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/8/2014, 22:54

bad news  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 5/8/2014, 00:52

A stunner.
That is very very sad.
Big thank you to all the employees developing the GTR's and making it as it is today  cheers 

Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gtracer123
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosZero 5/8/2014, 09:05

I wonder if anyone has read the last sentence..

They closed Simbin to create a new studio with 90%/95% of the same team and keep working there..

How is that sad? It's not a bad news, it's beautiful actually. Cause they finally realized that they did a big mistake with R3R and now they're willing to change.

ぜんにほんジーティーせんしゅけん
ChaosZero
ChaosZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigers 8/8/2014, 02:42

These are bad news No 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Regis Lins
Sigers
Sigers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down