something old made new

View previous topic View next topic Go down

something old made new

Post  humpmedumpme on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:08 am

Hey folks, while I realize the younger folks here may not even know anything about these cars, I've been working for the past few months re-doing Antonio's Can-Am Revelations mod. At this point, I have put together a mini mod of sorts that comes from the original mod. I call it Ford VS Chevy. I have written an extensive readme that explains how this all came together. I will be releasing the other cars from the mod as I have them finished. Also, PhilRob decided to help me out by re-doing the skins for the cars and they do look much better. Unfortunately, there still aren't any proper cockpits at this point. Please be sure to read the readme as it will explain the mod better than I have here. Hope you enjoy Very Happy 

I've now made a couple of videos so you can see the cars running. The 1st video shows each car by itself

and this 2nd video shows them all 4 of them X a bunch...35 of them on the track at the same time lol! 

If this is your 1st time downloading this mini mod, you will not need the corrections/additions as shown further below as they are already added in either of the next 2 links

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or

T70s now have proper cockpits thanks to DBR. I can't begin to praise him enough for the great job he's done since joining me in giving this mod the massaging it deserves. Below are just the files needed for the cockpits to work. Place the files in to your Game data folder and say yes to the overwrites. These files do not include the entire mod files so you will still need to use the link above and then add the new file(s) below. Both links below go to the same files. Thanks again DBR!! clap bounce Very Happy 

or

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is another needed file for the mod should you not have Antonio's original of this mod or his Absolute Le Mans Part 1 mod installed.

The corrected files for Season 1. Place into your GTR2 game folder and overwrite when asked

or

Last edited by humpmedumpme on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 10 times in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Phil Jones aka hmmguy
Remember guys, RACECAR spelt backwards is still RACECAR! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
humpmedumpme

Back to top Go down

Re: something old made new

Post  antoniog7772 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:17 pm

explendid job mate

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

antoniog7772

http://shivernshake.ativoforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  99pro on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:23 pm

thank you!

Daniel Koch
99pro

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatAudiFan on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Looks sick!!  thumbs Great work Phil, many thanks!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Harm Roelofs
ThatAudiFan

Back to top Go down

Post  humpmedumpme on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:49 pm

you're very welcome thumps up and to think these are nearly the slowest cars in the mod Twisted Evil chirp 

Phil Jones aka hmmguy
Remember guys, RACECAR spelt backwards is still RACECAR! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
humpmedumpme

Back to top Go down

Post  jimclark06 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:28 pm

nicfe stuff!! this cars arte pretty wild to drive and looks very well! thanks cheers 

jaime leandro ramone[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jimclark06

Back to top Go down

Post  frederick59 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:16 am

This is great,thanks so much  thumbs 

JeromeBrown

frederick59

Back to top Go down

Post  humpmedumpme on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:50 am

I just discovered a minor error in the hdc files of Season 1. It was in the brake heating section where the threshold of the brakes going away due to heat should have been 600 and not 650 degrees. The file in the link is to be placed into your GTR2 game folder and then overwrite when asked. I didn't bother with a corrected base file as was seen in the Ford VS Chevy mini mod as the Season 1 hdc files will correct the error by simply using them.

Cheers and sorry for the trouble.

or

The corrected file links also added to first post.

Phil Jones aka hmmguy
humpmedumpme

Back to top Go down

Post  humpmedumpme on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:01 pm

I'd like to point out that the T70s now have proper cockpits thanks to DBR. I can't begin to praise him enough for the great job he's done since joining me in giving this mod the massaging it deserves. Place the files in to your Game data folder and say yes to the overwrites. These files do not include the entire mod files so you will still need to use the link at the top for the full car files and have them installed first before adding in the cockpit files. Both links added to the first post go to the same files. Thanks again DBR!! clap bounce Very Happy

Phil Jones aka hmmguy
humpmedumpme

Back to top Go down

Post  antoniog7772 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:44 pm

outstanding accomplishment bro

clap 

antoniog7772

http://shivernshake.ativoforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top