European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
If you won the lottery... I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

If you won the lottery...

5 posters

Go down

If you won the lottery... Empty If you won the lottery...

Post  Crimson764 14/5/2014, 15:52

...How would you spend it? We can dream right? Even though if any of us won it would be about as likely as a meteor landing on our heads at the same time.

So here is what I would do.

Buy a house, somewhere nice, probably California. Heard it's really nice up there, especially around Mulholland Drive. Or I'd build one if I manage to buy a plot of land in that area.
I would only buy 5 cars. Only 5! lol! Nah but those cars would all mean something to me;
2000 Porsche 911 Turbo (996), car of my childhood.
1997 Ferrari 550 Marenello, only Ferrari I like the look of and well when your rich and loaded you just got to own a Ferrari! lol!
2008 Audi RS6 Avant, would be my daily cruiser and it has a turbocharged V10. Would be very handy for a thing I need from it.
2008 Aston Martin DBS, well I come from Britain so I need a proper British sports car. Cool
A track day car, either an Atom or a X-bow, need something to take to the track. Wink

Mustn't forget helping those who need help too, so my family and friends. Because without them, I wouldn't be here.

I would also take up karting, I couldn't do it when I was young because there wasn't a kart track near me and I didn't have the equipment. But it would also be a learning experience too, setting up the kart, learning the track and making sure that I can drive the kart to a limit that won't destroy a) the kart and b) myself. With that Audi I mentioned, that would be my hauler so, one Audi plus a trailer on the back with a kart on it. Now that's what I call transportation! Smile

Finally, upgrade my PC so it is ULTRA high end. That way I wouldn't have to update it every so often.

So yeah, that's what I'd do. What about you guys? Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

If you won the lottery... Empty Re: If you won the lottery...

Post  Nectaria 14/5/2014, 16:13

I'd stop working (so would my wife) and we would buy something nice to retire too. About cars...nothing too extravagant, probably an Alfa 159 Quadrofoglio as a daily driver, maybe an F612 or FF to make trips with and then a Smart citycoupe do go into town...Brabus one ofcourse. All with yellow lights, cause white xenons are for plebs.

Don't think I'll go racing, but at least I would have time to fix my writing needs.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Koen Verlinde
3RD PLACE PRO CUP GT MASTERS 2012-2013 Mercedes SLS
5TH PLACE PRO CUP ENDURANCE SERIES 2012-2013 Ferrari F430
3RD PLACE WTCC 2013 BMW 320si
3RD PLACE LMP2 WEC 2013-2014 ORECA 03
1ST PLACE GT OPEN GTE 2013-2014 JAGUAR XKR
5TH PLACE SUPER V8 - HOLDEN COMMODORE 2016

4TH PLACE LMS - Oreca 03 LMP2 2016
1ST PLACE GT Series Am cup and Sprint Am Cup 2016-2017 BMW M6
2ND PLACE GTE Class - LMS 2016-2017 Ferrari F488
1ST PLACE GT America Series Silver Cup and Endurance Silver cup 2017 BMW M6

Nectaria
Nectaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 14/5/2014, 16:46

Would learn to invest the money.
Creat a foundation that would manage it.
Foundation would use part of the profit (most of it after some point) in projects that helps people like (including kids/teenages) homeless, people using drugs, prostitutes. Preference for Christian institutions.
Part of profit would be invested again to increase it.
Other part I'd use for daily stuff. I like cars and I don't see them being a luxury thing so I'd like to have one like F458, Aston Martin Vanquish, Lamborghini, but more than one only if there is really a lot of money left. Especially the crazy ones like McLaren P1.
Go racing... same as the cars, only if there is a lot of money left if I managed to make it grow. I'd like to have a P1 team honeslty. Smile
Who knows, maybe someday I'll make a software and people will start using it for no reason and I can sell it to a random rich guy lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Skabagoosh 14/5/2014, 17:04

I would spend it on a really nice house, preferably something with a large garden so my pets can play in it. Next, I would buy one car that I really like: perhaps an old Mini Cooper or an Aston Martin. I would also donate some to charity. Finally, I would invest most of what I have left.  Very Happy 

Myke
Skabagoosh
Skabagoosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 17/5/2014, 12:59

I would replace the electronics I have with higher-end ones, get a better car (a BMW would be nice, doesn't have to be M though) and travel around the world.

I think Ferraris and mansions are too extravagant. I'd want to keep a low profile.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nectaria 17/5/2014, 13:46

ColdBrain wrote:I would replace the electronics I have with higher-end ones, get a better car (a BMW would be nice, doesn't have to be M though) and travel around the world.

I think Ferraris and mansions are too extravagant. I'd want to keep a low profile.
With mansions I agree, but Ferrari's...well they're only extravagant if you want to be seen in them...that's why I don't like cabrio's for example, I want to drive, not be seen.

That way you'll still have a low profile but have the opportunity to actually enjoy them.

Koen Verlinde
3RD PLACE PRO CUP GT MASTERS 2012-2013 Mercedes SLS
5TH PLACE PRO CUP ENDURANCE SERIES 2012-2013 Ferrari F430
3RD PLACE WTCC 2013 BMW 320si
3RD PLACE LMP2 WEC 2013-2014 ORECA 03
1ST PLACE GT OPEN GTE 2013-2014 JAGUAR XKR
5TH PLACE SUPER V8 - HOLDEN COMMODORE 2016

4TH PLACE LMS - Oreca 03 LMP2 2016
1ST PLACE GT Series Am cup and Sprint Am Cup 2016-2017 BMW M6
2ND PLACE GTE Class - LMS 2016-2017 Ferrari F488
1ST PLACE GT America Series Silver Cup and Endurance Silver cup 2017 BMW M6

Nectaria
Nectaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Lmp900 17/5/2014, 16:14

I daydream about this scenario almost daily. I think a lot about what I would do, or how my life would change.

1. I would retire, and work part time.
2. I would pay off all personal debt which consists mainly of student loans.
3. Purchase a nice, reasonably priced home. No mansions.
4. I would, of course, treat myself to one exotic car. A Hennessy tuned Ferrari 458.
5. I would also like to travel alot. Maybe attend all of the races of the WEC and ELMS calendar.
6. The majority of the winnings would be given to my father who is a CPA and tax auditor for proper investment.

But then my mind drifts back into reality...

Damn.

To finish first, you must first finish.

Matthew Cavanaugh
Lmp900
Lmp900

Back to top Go down

Post  Totenkopf 18/5/2014, 21:06

ColdBrain wrote:I would replace the electronics I have with higher-end ones, get a better car (a BMW would be nice, doesn't have to be M though) and travel around the world.

Same for me except.... BMW????  rofl 

Nothing German for me, thanks Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]2nd in LMP1 class WEC 2013-2014
Totenkopf
Totenkopf
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum