European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Looking for NASCAR skins?
new member I_icon_minitimeToday at 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
new member I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
new member I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
new member I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
new member I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
new member I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
new member I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
new member I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

» Greetings from Australia!
new member I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:28 by Aushtin

5 posters

Go down

new member Empty new member

Post  Guest 10/3/2014, 21:56

Hello to you all,

My name is david whittle, I am 36 and from nottingham, england. My profile name and gamertag for pc games and xbox 360 and 0ne is skymarshall uk. I was one of the day one owners of an xbox one with the new forza 5, this was my favorite race sim until i had realised this new one had been rushed out, missing many tracks and cars, unfortuanatley most you have to buy now. So i have decided to join the pc gaming society and this website for these reasons, 1: I want to play in competetive and mature leagues, 2: I am tired of microsoft and other organisations trying to make more money out of people offering dlc in new games that were free in previous versions 3: I have plenty of spare time to learn the game and rules in the league 4: Always happy to meet new people and make new online friends.

I haven't played gtr 2 before admitedly, but i cant see it taking long before i get to grips with it. I do quite well on forza with my own set ups, not downloaded like most others. I understand sim racing and car set ups well, wich im hoping will give me an advantage in playing the game well. So today i have ordered GTR, GTR2, GTR EVOLUTION AND DIRT 3, and a steering wheel :)ready to start a serious siege on the pc sim racing community Smile

I look forward to meeting you all and would like to know how many of you use steering wheels and if you believe its better than joypad, as of yet i have no expierience.

Cheers people!

Last edited by skymarshall on 10/3/2014, 22:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

new member Empty Re: new member

Post  Guest 10/3/2014, 22:03

Welcome here Smile
Hope to see you on the track soon. GT Sprint starts this weekend if you can be approved in time Smile
Just add your name to your signature if you haven't done yet, sometimes it appears only in second post.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/3/2014, 22:20

Thanks,

I realise i'm gonna be a bit of a noob around here for a while so any advise and help is very much apreciated

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/3/2014, 22:25

Oh ok. At this moment we have 3 leagues (and a fun cup that will run later):
GT Sprint - 60min races, you can do your own team with the cars that are avaliable or join a team with one driver.
TCC - 2x25min races.
LDC - 120min races with GT3, GT4 and SP3 cars and it runs into the night.

New WEC starts in a few months, will have 90min races and 2 class LMP1 and GT.

You can also be a guest driver if you can't come to most races.
Feel free to post in the online race forums once you are approved (when members give you 10 points), if you decide to race ask an admin to add you to the drivers group so you can download the cars.

Back to top Go down

Post  UkicT8 10/3/2014, 22:31

It is always good to have some new competition. Welcome aboard cheers 
+1

EDIT:
Regarding GTR2: For me, it is by far the best racing sim out there, atleast for GT and LMP cars. To get you started, you will need 1.1. patch, no-cd patch and ofcourse your serial key. We run here with our real names which are written in the signature as you can see. When you get 10 rep points you will be added to members list and then you will be able to see  league threads but not mod download threads which will be available for you when you are on drivers list. To get on that list you will need to expres your wish to drive in some of our leagues in the main league thread (or next event thread) and Daniel (the forum admin) will put you in the drivers list and then add your name from signature to the server.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, I could forgot to write something. Anyway, enjoy your stay here

Last edited by UkicT8 on 10/3/2014, 22:45; edited 1 time in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TONI UKIC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
UkicT8
UkicT8

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/3/2014, 22:42

Thanks toni,

If i do get in i'll look at joining the tcc first and then maybe broaden my horizons :)At the moment i'll take what i can get thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/3/2014, 22:43

Good to see new people still coming to play GTR2 Smile I have to warn you that the difference between 'sim' Forza 5 and GTR2 may be quite frightening Very Happy Still well worth the effort as the racing here is very rewarding.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/3/2014, 22:59

UkicT8 wrote:It is always good to have some new competition. Welcome aboard cheers 
+1

EDIT:
Regarding GTR2: For me, it is by far the best racing sim out there, atleast for GT and LMP cars. To get you started, you will need 1.1. patch, no-cd patch and ofcourse your serial key. We run here with our real names which are written in the signature as you can see. When you get 10 rep points you will be added to members list and then you will be able to see  league threads but not mod download threads which will be available for you when you are on drivers list. To get on that list you will need to expres your wish to drive in some of our leagues in the main league thread (or next event thread) and Daniel (the forum admin) will put you in the drivers list and then add your name from signature to the server.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, I could forgot to write something. Anyway, enjoy your stay here

Thats exactly the kind of information i need, thanks again toni, very helpful  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Serban 11/3/2014, 00:43

Welcome to EEC!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Andrei Serban
Serban
Serban

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/3/2014, 23:32

Welcome to EEC David! Smile +1

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 12/3/2014, 07:59

I gave up with Forza half way through 4. Simply they had moved away from what I wanted, so I made the jump to GTR2 and I wish I had done it sooner.

I think I remember you from Forza, in the R2 class.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/3/2014, 15:52

Hey lee, i never raced in r classes, but i was in a btcc league that started when forza 2 come out, im more into btcc and wtc kind of cars myself. I'd just like to thank everyone for the warm welcome and i appreciate your comments and advise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/3/2014, 16:42

Welcome to forum David Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/3/2014, 18:41

Welcome David and thanks for welcoming me. I went from a xbox 360 controller to a Logitech DFGT about 4 months ago, when I started playing GTR2 competitively. I was much slower with the wheel at first, so be patient and keep practicing. I think I started surpassing my xbox controller level 3 months in, so it took me a while. I have way more consistency and slide catching ability with the wheel now, so it is worth it!

Also, for GTR2, there are some good user-made FFB profiles you should check out. I don't know what wheel you have, but with the DFGT, I use ffb settings made by freejrs, which can be found at the Nogripracing website (registration required). Nogrip is a fantastic site too.

Back to top Go down

Post  imthecrabby 13/3/2014, 19:19

i can see you are going to have a good time at this forum, welcome

Thomas Crabb [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
imthecrabby
imthecrabby

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 14/3/2014, 02:27

Welcome to EEC Dave  Smile 

Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gtracer123
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 14/3/2014, 11:53

DAVID!!!!! Hi and welcome.  lol! 

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down