Supertouring version 6.4 Updated 06.04.16

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Supertouring version 6.4 Updated 06.04.16

Post  intelpower on 9/4/2016, 23:18

personally I am not in favor of substitute models ,    look at 95  SATCC pack,  the "easy" way would  have been to use the Primera instead of modeling the correct Nissan Sentra, or use some substitute instead of having a correct Mitsubishi Lancer for STW 94 and swiss series

since this entries were just some back markers or just guest entries they aren't even that vital    and full NATCC grid is impossible anyway cos some entries lack reference material , the Pontiac in particular was so slow , at Laguna it was lapped in about 3-4 laps ... it wouldn't even be worth modeling   Embarassed

Mirko car is US spec Accord, so this would be another entry which would need the japanese Accord   model

some comparison pics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

so dunno , do what you want,  but perhaps better to put them aside in case the real japanese Accord is modeled ?

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  FinlandWRC on 10/4/2016, 00:38

Personally, I'd rather have substitute models as I prefer to have a bigger grid of cars. So, in my opinion, I think the current model of the Accord should be used and it can be replaced if the Japanese version gets created.

FinlandWRC

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 10/4/2016, 00:50

so many skin packs with huge grids and no substitution so far Smile    ,would be great  to continue the tradition

see ATSC 1995 for example , no BMW M3 or Sierra until recently , no substitution was applied and it was fine, now those extra entries can be added on correct 3D model

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 10/4/2016, 08:31

Substitutes don't bother me, my first large pack I released for GTR2 was BTCC 1999 using just Simbin's S2000 cars (Toledo for Primera and Laguna, Lacetti for Vectra and Volvo) etc etc and it got over 1000 downloads.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Simspeed Racing Facebook
Super Touring Download Folder
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 10/4/2016, 16:29

A car that could be released as a skin.

BTCC 1998 #28 Lee Brookes.

Appears almost identical to the 1999 scheme but just in white instead of silver. A DNS for Oulton Park. Crashed in Qualifying and was repaired but the engine didn't work so two DNS's.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 10/4/2016, 20:46

Gravett also ran that car at the final round whilst his regular car was prepped for Bathurst.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  matteo1974 on 11/4/2016, 08:54

GTP_furinkazen wrote:A car that could be released as a skin.

BTCC 1998 #28 Lee Brookes.

Appears almost identical to the 1999 scheme but just in white instead of silver. A DNS for Oulton Park. Crashed in Qualifying and was repaired but the engine didn't work so two DNS's.

Well, from the second picture I guess the sponsor is more like "Dock-it Cargo" Smile

Jokin'aside, thank you all for your efforts in this mod, it's epic.

Matteo Antonacci
matteo1974

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmezza on 11/4/2016, 09:40

It's the old logo of this website : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alexandre Mezzacasa  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
alexmezza

Back to top Go down

Post  matteo1974 on 11/4/2016, 09:44

I was joking about the "docking method" in the second picture! Very Happy

Matteo Antonacci
matteo1974

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 12/4/2016, 20:48

Anyone good with 3DSimEd want to PM me please? Been given permission to edit / change tracks which I am doing to reflect the period more but having a few issues placing tyres, spectators, etc.

Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmezza on 12/4/2016, 21:06

matteo1974 wrote:I was joking about the "docking method" in the second picture! Very Happy

Of course... Wink

Alexandre Mezzacasa  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
alexmezza

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 14/4/2016, 11:20

regarding  the NATCC Pontiac I have doubts that it even was a supeer touring  because it was incredible slow, see from 3.00  at the back of the grid

it was hardly fater than the pace car and was lapped by the entire field in about 3 laps

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 on 14/4/2016, 12:08

You're right.Its very very slow and another thing we don't knwo is what engine it ran on.The lowest displacement engine of the production car was a 2,2 litre I4 which is not eligible for use in a supertouring car.Anyways i won't include the sunfire in the 1996 natcc.
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 14/4/2016, 12:23

Do you have a link for the 96 and 97 procar for gtr2, I can't find it in the thread. Thanks.

simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmezza on 14/4/2016, 12:45

About Pontiac Sunfire : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I checked '96 stats for independent's challenge...

Dave Jolly raced only at Laguna Seca :

race 1
- grid : 12th
- result : 11th (3 laps)

race 2
- grid : 10th (2'03''911)
- result : dnf (13 laps)

Alexandre Mezzacasa  
alexmezza

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 14/4/2016, 14:38

simspeed_racing wrote:Do you have a link for the 96 and 97 procar for gtr2, I can't find it in the thread.  Thanks.

maybe have just one PROCAR 94- 97 pack ?

think for 94 the SEAT needs a stock rear wing    which can be used for 93-94 french series too

the 94 Spanish ones seem to already had 95 spec wings  

if you update the 94 PROCAR don't forget INDCUP for that red SEAT and Works filter for the 2 Valier BMW   ,

also judging from footage I guess the BMW can stay wingless   like that race showed

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 on 14/4/2016, 14:42

The production wing on the seat will also be needed on the 1993 procar.It will be a tiny grid at just 7 cars but since the models are available i thought why not?You can count on the supertouring entries from the 93 procar too Very Happy
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 on 14/4/2016, 14:45

Well the bmws will stay wingless.I just need to add the new 1993 bumpers.Anyone have a picture of the 1994 willy maljean bmw?
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Racingheaven on 14/4/2016, 15:12

During the 94 season the BMW's got the big wing...

I will look into my documentation tomorrow to see from what race onwards the wing came...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Dirk Willemen
Racingheaven

Back to top Go down

missing BMW

Post  intelpower on 14/4/2016, 15:17

did some checking

in 97 PROCAR pack the no 19 BMW missing and there is a good  photo of it !!  so perhaps should be added ?

he was a guest entry , did only SPa and finished 3rd, since the grid isn't that big why not add him too Question

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 14/4/2016, 15:40

I don't haver a rear wing that looks like the stock SEAT wing so it will have to be a slightly modified version of the Peugeot 405 or Primera stock wing.

simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 on 14/4/2016, 16:00

intelpower wrote:did some checking

in 97 PROCAR pack the no 19 BMW missing and there is a good  photo of it !!  so perhaps should be added ?

he was a guest entry , did only SPa and finished 3rd,  since the grid isn't that big why not add him too Question

The 1997 procar does have some bugs.The mondeo had the #9 not the #3 and the #5 and #6 bmws are from the spa24 hour race of that year.I've sent a page with lots of photos of the procar to remus.
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 15/4/2016, 13:22

So few things:

Apparently the aforementioned 1998 Brookes car was originally a 1996 chassis.

Warwick ran a livery at start of the season in 1997 with a red Vauxhall rear logo instead of black.

Also I don't recall this (though barely raced the 1995 cars). Rob Gravett had a one off apparently in this Cavalier during the season?

And an honourable mention from 1999 - no idea if anyone is interested in completing the grid.

Also Sim, whilst it would be a duplicate car, at least for offline if this got put in with the Needell Nissan / Mansell Ford in a "1998 Guest" section in the GDB it could work? Or the skin could be dropped into the folder for Silverstone? Just idea's.

EDIT: 1998 - different Mark Lemmer skin. This from Brands season opener I believe.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 15/4/2016, 13:39

I couldn't get the 2nd car option to work for the Gravett Cavalier so as it only did the first round I only made the Mondeo.

The Warwick car was black at the first couple of rounds before switching so it could be made and put into the track folders. Same with the Rustad car.
If someone makes the Lemmer car then why not but I'm not planning to.

The Mondeo never raced but its an easy skin to make (BTW this was confusingly a different Gareth Howell to the one who went on to race in the BTCC)

Putting cars in guest or extra classes is fine but they only show up in the championship if they have the proper filter. Its annoying as like with 1995 where there are a couple of substitute drivers for James Thompson you have them all showing up in single race mode but if you want them in championship mode it has to be done that way.

simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 15/4/2016, 13:45

simspeed_racing wrote:I couldn't get the 2nd car option to work for the Gravett Cavalier so as it only did the first round I only made the Mondeo.

The Warwick car was black at the first couple of rounds before switching so it could be made and put into the track folders. Same with the Rustad car.
If someone makes the Lemmer car then why not but I'm not planning to.

The Mondeo never raced but its an easy skin to make (BTW this was confusingly a different Gareth Howell to the one who went on to race in the BTCC)

Putting cars in guest or extra classes is fine but they only show up in the championship if they have the proper filter.  Its annoying as like with 1995 where there are a couple of substitute drivers for James Thompson you have them all showing up in single race mode but if you want them in championship mode it has to be done that way.

I never actually knew that you could substitute drivers in championship mode Shocked . I might give the Howell car and a couple others a crack myself.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top