Nectaria (2054)

Crimson764 (1430)

99pro (1395)

Hello everyone - glad to be here

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello everyone - glad to be here

Post  Racingheaven on 15/6/2012, 08:48

Hello community,

I usually go by the name of racingheaven or racingheavenii whilst I'm on GTR2 forums. My real name however is Dirk Willemen. I come from Belgium and live in a wonderful little village in the Campine, named Wechelderzande. I'm 46 years of age and I earn my money as a freelance motoring journalist. So cars are not only my passion but also my job. I am married since 08-08-08 and am the proud father of a baby son since late november. At six months he is already making sounds of a motorcycle, so the next generation looks to move in the right direction already ;-)

Although, with Fabian he has a name that has everything to become a cyclist :-)

I'm a sim racer since I was 18 years old. I even started with a game that consisted of one lon straight, where you had to avoid other cars driving on this road. So I have come a long way to GTR2 ;-)

As my professional life is very busy, I have had to stick to downloading mods and racing them offline. There are even some times that I can't visit forums or race simulation sites for weeks or even months, because I simply don't have the time to do that. That's also the reason for me not to have taken part in online races yet. And with a baby needing a lot of attention from his father during his free moments, that isn't going to get better I fear.

I would love to learn how to skin. On the one hand because I would love to fill some gaps that still exist in some starting fields and on the other hand because I would love to give something back to the community. But I will need a good teatcher who can show me the way with a lot of patience :-)

Up till now my efforts have been limited to searching the internet for pictures that could help out other skinners, but that's all.

Another thing I could deliver the community are my testing abilities of new cars. As I drive another car every week professionally, I can say without exagerating that I have a reasonably good idea how cars should behave in reality... so there I might be able to help out te community a little.

So, that's about it I guess... I hope I have introduced myself well, but if any of you need some momre information from me, I'm just a message away :-)

Kind regards,

Dirk

Last edited by Racingheaven on 15/6/2012, 15:18; edited 2 times in total
Racingheaven

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello everyone - glad to be here

Post  PATR10T on 15/6/2012, 10:23

hello cheers

nice presentation Very Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Xtra-Large on 15/6/2012, 10:35

Nice presentation I read all Smile , oh you never forget when you married 08-08-08 niceeeeee day bounce

Welcome Dirk

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lucas Paoletti a.k.a X-L [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Xtra-Large

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePsy on 15/6/2012, 14:15

Welcome Dirk cheers

I hope you will be able to join us online as we have a lot of open events.

Dont forget to put your fullname in the sighnature to get full access to the forum Very Happy

Philippe Bartoli  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ThePsy
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  dodge33cymru on 15/6/2012, 14:32

indeed, welcome along sir - doesn't matter if you can only do one race a month or year, we'll have space for you

nice intro, was a good read thanks

Rodger Davies  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @rodger_davies
dodge33cymru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Racingheaven on 15/6/2012, 15:01

Thank you for your kind reactions to my introduction.

I hope everything is OK with my signature now, because I'm quite new to using signatures and avatars ;-)

Dirk

PS: how do you guys manage to get a flag in your signature?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Dirk Willemen
Racingheaven

Back to top Go down

Post  brazzo79 on 15/6/2012, 17:52

You can insert a picture in the signsture like in a post too.
Upload a picture and insert the link of the picture. There are three buttons on the right above the textfield where you can do this.

Georg Götze / Germany/Thuringia
brazzo79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top