European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Greetings from Bulgaria
I want to clear some things... I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
I want to clear some things... I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
I want to clear some things... I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

» Greetings from Australia!
I want to clear some things... I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:28 by Aushtin

» Greeting from Tashkent
I want to clear some things... I_icon_minitime16/3/2024, 15:53 by why_not_simracer

»  lausitzring for AC
I want to clear some things... I_icon_minitime7/3/2024, 10:43 by Tobydog

» Formula Gran Turismo
I want to clear some things... I_icon_minitime3/3/2024, 18:45 by kk08

» Interlagos 2016 (WIP) Conversion from rFactor to GTR2 by Sergio Hundo
I want to clear some things... I_icon_minitime3/3/2024, 17:46 by hundo

» Password Change
I want to clear some things... I_icon_minitime3/3/2024, 17:35 by Sylphide

I want to clear some things...

+2
PATR10T
Scorpyo
6 posters

Go down

I want to clear some things... Empty I want to clear some things...

Post  Scorpyo 8/6/2012, 09:38

Instead of just say Hi I'm here I'll be more specific about some things that are causing much trouble in the community...

1. Private sites.

Even though it have two sides, one that I like and one that I don't like I have to say that I'm apsolutely positive about that.

Now let's make above statement clearer. I started converting cars because on one site someone is posting screenshots of a mod(s) that he doesn't want to share and many people wanted them desperately. I wasn't one of them but I had enough knowledge to convert it by myself and I know how I felt when I saw screens of some mods that I couldn't get and wanted them so I converted that cars and released them publicly.

Each one of converters, and I mean literally EACH ONE at some point converted some car that he want to have in his collection knowing that it could cause him trouble with original creator(s) and that therefore he won't be able to release it publicly. In that case he have just 2 options. First is to don't share it at all (or give it to just few friend that he trust (meaning just a few people can get it)), and second is to release it on some private site so that it can reach wider circle of people.

And now the point. As I make all my conversions with intention to share them with as many people as I can I apsolutely vote for a private sites, but I will also be first one who will "attack" a modder that post screenshots of such mods knowing that they will be seen by a people that won't be able to get them.

2. Kamuro.

Yes he's personality is complicated, but he also gave the community some mods that otherwise probably nobody will do and that was a huge task and therefore he has my huge respect. From my point of view he became what he is just because there was too many people that based their work on his mods without giving proper credits.

Now, my view about permissions is actually pretty simple and it is stated in readme files of all my mods. As all (well 99%) of mods that float around are actually conversions from other games, what on earth can give any rights to the files in them to a modder that make the conversion? Yes it is nice to ask for permissions, but let's be honest and admitt that there are some modders that will never geave them so from time to time you just have to make something without permissions. I did that in more than one occasin but I ALWAYS gave proper credits in readme file. Furthermore once someone release something on the internet, be it a mod or a skin, there's no fuckin way that he can control what someone will do with it and therefore life is much easier for a modders (and skinners, not forget the skinners as without them best mods in the world will be useless) if they take my philosophy (which I shamelesly stole from a modding legend known as SCCA 1981) and allow anybody to with their work whatever they want.

I tried to explain that to Kamuro in few occasions on MSN, but he decided to go with his way. Even though I don't agree with him I fully support his right to have his oppinnion. Last but not least I too consider him as a friend. Complicated, and from time to time a pain in the ass one, but a friend.

3. Mac10, or Dave as I call him.

I believe that many people know a history of relationship between Dave and me. I started modding because he posted some screens of some mods on F1C and then tell people that they will never get them. When I released those mods (done by me) all my readme files had a line that stated something like Fuck you Mac10 and we were in an open war and to be honest in that point in time I hated his guts from the bottom of my heart.

Some time later I heard that he has opened his site (UMD) to public and I registered there. Thanks to miguel some time after that I was contacted by Dave and he welcomed me on the site and asked me to burry the past and start from scratch what I did and now I consider him as a friend.

Furthermore, he has changed a lot from the time of our war, and he now have same opinion about permissions as I do and I believe that anybody who don't like him will change his mind if he/she take a time and have a chat with Dave.

4. Miguel

There's not much to say about that. I consider him as friend and that's enough to send him WIP versions of all my mods, yes even ones that will never be released publicly.

I know that he have huge issues with Ron123 but I'll get back to that later.

5. Ron123

I didn't have many contacts with Ron so far, and I probably won't have them in the future, but as I'm clearing stuff out let's do it in that matter too.

I'm not a friend with Ron and I'm not his enemy. Personally I don't have a single mod from him on my GTR2 install as he tend to release cars that not interest me at all, but there are many people that use his mods and without him they won't be able to have those car so therefore he also have my huge respect.

Now we came to an issues between Ron and Miguel.

I don't like what's happening, but as I'm keeping out of the wars when both sides are my friends (as is the case with Kamuro nad Mac10) I believe that it is only fair to keep out of this one too as even though I'm not a friend of Ron and as I will clear in next section about wars there's no way to know how it started I'll try to be neutral in this one too...

6. Wars between sites.

During my "modding career" I met some great people and got membership on many sites, private on public. There are many people that I consider as a friends that for one or another reason can't join on some sites and from time to time get involved in wars. As (in some cases) I consider both sides as a friends, but more important as I consider those wars stupid/childish/whatever (since they are all in the beginings based around a VIDEO GAME for fuck's sake) and even more important there's no way for someone outside to know how it all started I tend to keep out of them.

Yes, I do believe that the community will be much batter place if there was no wars between modders and if modders work together instead of fighting and releasing 10000 versions of same mods but unfortunately it won't happen so we are forced to live with the situation as it is.

I really hope that I have managed to make my point of view clear, but if someone think that I'm wrong reply button is below... ;o)
Scorpyo
Scorpyo

Back to top Go down

I want to clear some things... Empty Re: I want to clear some things...

Post  PATR10T 8/6/2012, 09:54

some nice points of view... Smile and great to have u here too cheers

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  giaserg 8/6/2012, 10:07

This is music

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Giacomo Sergiampietri [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
giaserg
giaserg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/6/2012, 10:39

Great to have you here Mario! cheers

EDIT: How is the weather in Croatia? Very Happy

Last edited by pbmaster on 8/6/2012, 11:13; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpyo 8/6/2012, 10:54

Crappy... Sad

Last edited by Scorpyo on 8/6/2012, 11:54; edited 1 time in total

Marijo Pecigus [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Scorpyo
Scorpyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/6/2012, 11:10

That's sad to hear. Lots of Hungarians go there to the beaches in the summer. I already know a family who went there for an early vacation Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeForce06 8/6/2012, 13:47

welcome Marijo cheers cheers cheers

Marco S.   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GeForce06
GeForce06

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 8/6/2012, 14:05

Welcome Scorpyo. You make some very good points about all who you have mentioned. I respect each of them fully as we all should. I wish you a good time here on this site.

Smile

Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

Post  Nectaria 8/6/2012, 17:50

Lol and I thought people hated Nectaria...this is just so much worse.

Koen Verlinde
3RD PLACE PRO CUP GT MASTERS 2012-2013 Mercedes SLS
5TH PLACE PRO CUP ENDURANCE SERIES 2012-2013 Ferrari F430
3RD PLACE WTCC 2013 BMW 320si
3RD PLACE LMP2 WEC 2013-2014 ORECA 03
1ST PLACE GT OPEN GTE 2013-2014 JAGUAR XKR
5TH PLACE SUPER V8 - HOLDEN COMMODORE 2016

4TH PLACE LMS - Oreca 03 LMP2 2016
1ST PLACE GT Series Am cup and Sprint Am Cup 2016-2017 BMW M6
2ND PLACE GTE Class - LMS 2016-2017 Ferrari F488
1ST PLACE GT America Series Silver Cup and Endurance Silver cup 2017 BMW M6

Nectaria
Nectaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum